The Roddenberry Prize is open for nominations through 2022. The Roddenberry Prize provides funding to early-stage businesses that take advantage of new scientific discoveries or emerging technologies that have the potential to lead to a better future.
The concept that scientific and technology advancement may improve our quality of life and make it healthier, more productive, and better for the environment is at the core of The Roddenberry Prize.
The Roddenberry Prize is a challenge to question the status quo, to spark fresh perspectives, and to envision a better future. It is a chance to imagine a more prosperous and equitable world in which everyone can prosper, no matter what their background.
Roddenberry Prize 2022
- A grand prize of $1M in non-dilutive financing, along with five $100,000 finalist awards, will be granted to early-stage ventures that have the potential to change the world.
Eligibility for the Roddenberry Prize 2022
The Roddenberry Prize seeks to support early-stage science and technology ventures—non-profit and mission-driven for-profit entities—that meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Early Stage: they seek early-stage ventures that have successfully raised Seed Rounds through Series A financing.
- World Changing: they seek solutions that have the potential to achieve one or more of the 17 U.N. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Scalable: they seek an audacious, far-reaching, and scalable vision to solve a global challenge on the scale of millions of lives.
- Ethical: they support purpose-driven, human-centered, and responsible innovation that reduces inequity.
- Science & Technology based: they are interested in new technologies, discoveries, inventions, or scientific breakthroughs.
Roddenberry Prize 2022 Selection Criteria
Roddenberry Foundation’s staff and community of external evaluators, experts, and leaders from across industries and sectors will score applications along the following selection criteria:
- Innovative Technology or Scientific Breakthrough: innovativeness of a new technology, discovery, invention, or scientific breakthrough.
- Potential for Real-World Impact: they are interested in solutions that have potential for radical, game-changing impact.
- Scalability: they are interested in ventures that have the potential to be scaled to affect the lives of millions (if not billions) of people.
- Relevance: the solution is aligned with one or more of the SDGs and addresses a recognized and urgent issue that affects a significant population.
- Track Record: though early stage, the applicant has demonstrated some success, achieved tangible milestones, and proven their expertise in their field.
Nomination for the Roddenberry Prize 2022
To apply to the Roddenberry Prize, you must be nominated by a foundation, impact investor, VC, accelerator, academic institution, or other similar type of funder.
Deadline: September 12, 2022
For more information, visit Roddenberry Prize.
- University Twente Scholarship(Fully-funded)
- Echidna Global Scholars Visiting Fellowship(Fully-funded)
- Yale World Fellows Program(Fully-funded to USA)
- Youth Opportunities Global Ambassador Program 2023
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP