The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship for outstanding non-EU/EEA students who are applying to the University of Twente’s graduate program (MSc).
- Become one of the most promising UT students.
- Exclusive opportunity to take part in an intake for one of the three honours programmes: Research honours, Design honours, or Change leaders.
- € 3,000 – € 22,000 for one year (approximately 50 scholarships available). If you have applied for a two-year programme, make sure you read the information about two-year study programmes below.
- Have a look at the overview of the estimated costs of living when studying at the University of Twente (excluding tuition fees).
Please note: This scholarship is meant as a compensation for study related costs. It is up to the scholarship student to decide how to spend the money. No costs (e.g. tuition fees) will be paid on your behalf.
TWO-YEAR STUDY PROGRAMME
To pay the costs of the second year of a two-year study program, students may be eligible for an additional UTS in an amount equivalent to that of the first year. The scholarship will only be maintained during the second year, though, if the students satisfy the UTS application standards.
You must have obtained:
- An average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the third quartile of the first year
- At least 50% of European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year
An additional scholarship can be awarded to UTS recipients (only for programmes starting in September 2022):
You need to apply for a University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) in order to be eligible for a Kipaji Scholarship.
This scholarship has additional requirements. Please make sure you check the information of the Kipaji Scholarship programme.
- 1 February 2023
- 1 May 2023
In order to be eligible for a the University of Twente Scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below
- Application for an UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission letter first.
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master programmes starting in the academic year 2023/2024 (September). Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results.
- You must have a studentnumber.
- You have not graduated from a UT (under)graduate programme;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study loan;
- The University Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class
The UTS is not available for Dutch and/or current UT students.
The UTS is not available for EU/EEA students.
The UTS is not available for Master’s programmes at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC).
The UTS is not available for the pre-Master programme. UTS pre-Master students can also not apply for the UTS when they wish to continue with a Master programme.
APPLICATION DEADLINES & DETAILS
Application deadline – round 1:
- Application form opens per 15 October 2022, 09.00 CET
- Application forms closes per 1 February 2023, 16.00 CET (for programmes starting September 2023)
Application deadline – round 2:
- Application form opens per 1 February 2023, 16.00 CET
- Application form closes per 1 May 2023, 16.00 CET (for programmes starting September 2023)
If you applied in round 1, and your application was rejected, an application in round 2 is not considered. You can only be awarded with one UT scholarship.
HOW TO APPLY
You must first apply to a Master’s program. After submitting an application for a Master’s program and receiving a letter of (conditional) acceptance, you can use your student ID to submit an application for the scholarship. Dutch and/or existing UT students cannot use UTS. Students from the EU or EEA cannot enroll in the UTS. For Master’s programs at the Faculty of Geoinformation Science and Earth Observation, the UTS is not offered (ITC). The pre-Masters program does not provide access to the UTS.
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP