We are excited to announce the launch of South Pole’s Carbon Asset Development Program.
Carbon credits have gained popularity among businesses and individuals seeking to reduce their carbon footprint.
Applications are accepted from innovative start-ups and companies in sustainable technology and clean energy solutions, community water systems, and those interested in building carbon credit initiatives.
South Pole is the world’s largest developer of carbon projects and provider of climate solutions. We connect the projects we administer with a global client base that is increasingly interested in purchasing credits, certifications, and offsets as part of their voluntary corporate climate pledge.
South Pole Carbon Asset Development Program Eligibility Requirements
- Cookstoves: Have capacity to distribute 8,000 stoves within the first 2 years of the project.
- Community Water Systems: 10,000 houses included in the project, within 500 meters to 1 kilometer from the water point
- Renewable Energy: Minimum 10MW (or bundle different projects within the same country e.g 5MW x 2 = 10MW)
- Biomass: Biogas and Bio-composting made from farming biomass waste – 36,000 tonnes of waste used a year.
- Other technologies welcome to apply
Successful ventures in the program will benefit from, among others:
- Support in development of the project description documentation with relevant annexes and calculations.
- We will contract and work with an independent auditor to get a project validation and certification that confirms that your project complies with the rules of the different standards.
- We will contract and work with an independent auditor for the project verification, meaning the ex-post confirmation that the project has successfully reduced emissions.
- We will manage the project’s carbon credits registry account and issue, transfer and retire the carbon credits.
- We will deliver the carbon credits to our global network of buyers.
- Further support will be offered depending on unique project scenarios.
Deadline: December 31, 2022