Are you the owner of a growth-stage company?
Are you hoping to solve some of Tanzania’s most pressing problems with an innovative climate-adaptive business model?
Do you want to improve your product or service, increase your market share, attract capital, or have a bigger impact?
If you answered yes to the following questions and match the eligibility conditions listed below, Anza’s Investment Readiness Acceleration Programme is for you!
We encourage women-led businesses to apply!
What we offer
- Business Development Training and international mentorship to help you scale operations and get investment ready
- Grow your revenues by at least 20% in the next 12 months
- Get lifetime access to affordable, risk-tolerant capital to help fund your business growth
- Get connected to relevant networks that drive your business growth through market linkage with institutional customers
Anza is excited to launch their Investment Readiness Accelerator. The objectives of this accelerator programme are to:
- Increase public awareness of women entrepreneurs in Tanzania in order to expand markets and attract investors.
- Support innovative ideas which are or have the potential of tackling the effects of climate change.
- Improve the TZ investment ecosystem to lower gender, social and market-system barriers faced by women starting and growing climate-related businesses.
Anza Entrepreneurs offers business development services in Tanzania that help to strengthen business operations, increase profitability, and scale job generation. Anza has given strategic capacity building, trade linkages, and access to flexible funding to over 1,000 firms in 12 regions of Tanzania over the last ten years, maximizing their ability to create jobs and providing access to life-improving products and services.
Within the first year of programming, Anza entrepreneurs create three new employment, generate $12,000 in income (TZS 28 million), and reach 12,000 people. We have arranged over $4,500,000 (TZS 10.5 billion) in investment for our entrepreneurs to date.
The programme includes a series of three 4-day workshops which will provide businesses with hands-on training to refine business models, financials, sales pipelines, following Village Capital’s award winning curriculum. Next to this, the programme will provide selected entrepreneurs with:
- 1 to 1 tailored consultation from mentors, including leading experts in various climate-related industries in Tanzania and across the globe.
- Market research support on supply chains management, customer relations, team-building, and investor discovery.
- Investment capital facilitated by the Anza Growth Fund. The graduates will also have lifetime eligibility to access funding from the Anza Growth Fund.
- At the end of the programme, 2 top-performing graduates will be selected by the other entrepreneurs. These graduates will be awarded up to $5,000 (TZS 11 million) from the Aga Khan Foundation to go towards their development plans.
- All graduating businesses will be introduced to our network of investors, allowing for easier access to affordable capital.
- As a programme output, graduating companies will hold an Investment Data Room – a folder containing a strategic business plan, projections, operations governing policies, investment memo, and a partnership pitch deck.
- You must have a Tanzanian registered business that has been in operation for at least 3 years.
- Your business must provide climate related products and services* and operate in Agriculture, Education, Healthcare, Clean Energy, Financial Inclusion and Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH) sectors.
- You must have an annual revenue of at least 150,000,000 TZS.
- You should have at least 3 or more full-time employees.
- We encourage applicants that provide (technology-enabled) solutions for climate change mitigation and adaptation.
- We encourage women-led businesses to apply.If you have any questions regarding your eligibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Anza encourages all entrepreneurs (regardless of gender) to apply if they meet at least ⅗ of the above criteria.
*climate-related businesses include any business models which positively contribute towards climate change mitigation, adaptation, and resilience. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) circular economy business models (ii) increasing the longevity of agricultural products and decreasing waste (iii) innovative waste management solutions (iv) improving access to sustainable energy…
Commitment and program dates
Application window: 1st November, 2022 – 15th December, 2022 (rolling basis)
Semi- final interview: 30th January, 2023 (rolling basis)
Final interviews and initial due diligence: 28th February, 2023 (rolling basis)
Please note that applicant selection will take place on a rolling basis,
please submit your application early to be considered.
Workshop dates: TBD
Selected businesses will be required to have one of their executive team members i.e. CEO attend all three workshops in Dar Es Salaam.
Anza will cover transport costs for all entrepreneurs and provide accommodation for any entrepreneurs from outside of the Dar Es Salaam region. Additional support for child care to facilitate participation in workshops may be provided on a case-by-case basis.
Deadline: December 15, 2022
- TechBridge Acceleration Program 2023 for African tech startups (up to $200,000 in investment)
- THRIVE/Shell Climate-Smart Agriculture Challenge – Farmers (up to $100,000 in financing)
- The Global Change Award (GCA) 2023 from H&M Foundation (Win a share of 1 million euros)
- The NEC Innovation Challenge for Global Startups
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP