We’re seeking for the next wave of African tech startups to upend important market segments!
These include cybersecurity, clean technology, regtech, IoT & connectivity, agritech & supply chain, fintech, and machine learning (data analytics).
Through rigorous coaching, possibilities for pilot projects and Proof of Concept initiatives, and scale-up prospects that lead to longer-term commercial agreements, we identify, train, and scale early-stage firms.
The outstanding partners in this batch are:
- Dutch Entrepreneurial Development Bank (FMO), a leading impact investor that supports sustainable private sector growth in developing countries and emerging markets by investing in ambitious projects and entrepreneurs.
- Government of Senegal, through DER/FJ, a youth and women empowerment structure set up by the President of the Republic of Senegal. With the help of DER/FJ startups will gain public-sector knowledge and support which presents an opportunity to further scale their impact.
- Telecel Group, contributing in a meaningful way to the African community to help the young Startups in Africa whose innovative ideas are creating a difference in their communities.
- Enrich in Africa (EiA), funded by the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 programme, addresses the needs for capacity development of incubators, accelerators, and entrepreneurs in both Europe and Africa.
EiA has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under Grant Agreement 101004709.
*The EiA Project will fully fund and support each of the five to ten startups accepted into the program. These startups will also gain access to the Euroquity community, networking opportunities, follow-up support, etc. Learn more about ENRICH in Africa at their website.
All 10 startups receive €15,000 in cash together with more than €500,000 in credits and exclusive partner deals from leading technology providers such as AWS, Google, Miro, Hubspot and more.
50 African startups have successfully completed the SBC AfriTech Accelerator during the past five years.
- 90% of the alumni are still operating and scaling, and collectively, SBC portfolio companies have raised more than $150 Million in follow-on funding. This track record makes SBC one of the most successful early-stage programs on the continent and for investors, the fund has performed among the top 5% of Silicon Valley VC funds!
*Please note this program is done in English and you’ll be expected to pitch in English as well
Good luck to all applicants!
We look forward to an inspiring cohort 3!
- APPLY NOW: Anza Investment Readiness Accelerator Program 2023
- TechBridge Acceleration Program 2023 for African tech startups (up to $200,000 in investment)
- THRIVE/Shell Climate-Smart Agriculture Challenge – Farmers (up to $100,000 in financing)
- The Global Change Award (GCA) 2023 from H&M Foundation (Win a share of 1 million euros)
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP