Generation17, a collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), intends to use technology to raise the voices of young leaders striving to accomplish the Global Goals. The Global Goals, or Sustainable Development Goals, established by the United Nations in 2015, present a framework for addressing critical global concerns such as poverty, inequality, climate change, peace and justice, and building a better future for all by 2030.
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals, often known as the Global Goals, are a global call to action to protect vulnerable populations and the planet by 2030. Young people’s determination and vision are required for this effort. It requires their innovative spirit and capacity to break down barriers. Their sense of urgency is required.
UNDP/Samsung Generation17 Requirements
- Generation17 supports a group of inspiring young leaders ages 18 to 32 dedicated to innovating for humanity and mobilizing global communities.
UNDP/Samsung Generation17 Benefits
- Once you’re selected, you’ll have the opportunity to network and engage with a group of inspiring young leaders who are advocating for meaningful change. UNDP and Samsung Mobile will open access to their technology, knowledge and global platforms and connections to enable your success and scale the impact and visibility of your organization(s).
Roles and Responsibility
- The young leaders will collaborate with each other for peer networking and with UNDP issue experts, as well as use Samsung technology to share their personal stories with a wider audience, motivating their peers to join them in driving change for the Global Goals in their daily lives.
- The young leaders are not spokespersons for either organization and are a group of changemakers who will leverage the collective resources of the Samsung-UNDP global partnership to focus on their challenges, aspirations, and work.
- Generation17 is not driven by product promotion, but rather, has the mission to bolster young SDG advocates and their agenda of driving meaningful change.
UNDP/Samsung Generation17 Selection Process:
- Generation17 Young Leaders are a diverse group of individuals who have already delivered impactful solutions for the Global Goals yet may not have had the means to amplify their voices to a wider audience.
- These young leaders were identified by UNDP and selected in partnership with Samsung based on their outstanding existing initiatives and impressive advocacy work.
- Additional candidates are expected to be nominated to grow the initiative and include young people from across the world.
For More Information:
- Apply Now: Mastercard Foundation-Vanguard Economics Young Impact Associate Fellowship for young Africans |Paid Fellowship
- PwC Ghana Graduate trainee Recruitment Program 2023 for young Ghanaian graduates | Apply Now
- Apply Now: Nestlé Central and West Africa Region’s (CWAR) Nesternship 2023 Program for young Africans.
- Apply Now: West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) 2023 Next Generation Internship Programme – Accra,Ghana |Fully Funded internship
- Call for Applications: Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) Coach/Mentor Recruitment
- Apply Now: Global Landscape (GLF) 2023 Volunteer Program
- Call for Applications: Unilever Future Leaders Programme (UFLP) 2023 for Young Graduates
- United Nations Online Volunteers Program 2023 |Become UN Volunteer and Gain Global Work experience