Apply Now: Mastercard Foundation-Vanguard Economics Young Impact Associate Fellowship for young Africans |Paid Fellowship
Join the new Vanguard Economics Young Impact Associate (YIA) fellowship, which is financed and administered in collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation, to advance your career in research and consultancy. As one of 12 YIAs, you will learn the fundamentals of socioeconomic research while supporting the Mastercard Foundation’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities in Rwanda, as well as collaborating with partners across the continent to strengthen youth voices and African narratives in the impact evaluation field.
Vanguard Economics was established in Kigali in 2015 as an advising and research organization with the goal of establishing a Rwandan enterprise that provides high-quality socioeconomic and strategic research services adapted to the Rwandan context.
The Young Impact Associate is a 1-year paid Fellowship focused toward laying the foundations for a successful career in the field of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning while supporting implementation of the project. You will be working full time with Vanguard Economics of which 10% will be structured classroom sessions, 20% will be reflecting and learning with others, and 70% will be learning by doing. You will be exposed to key disciplines of impact evaluation and be involved in everything from project management to data collection and analysis: 1) Evaluation Foundations and Designs; 2) Managing yourself and others at work; 3) Qualitative research methods; 4) Quantitative research methods; and 5) Knowledge management.
Mastercard Foundation Requirements
Vanguard Economics is looking for young Africans with a passion for development in Rwanda and a strong desire to learn about it. Successful applicants must be:
- African National
- Fluent in English and good knowledge of Kinyarwanda
- Below 35 years of age
- Completed a bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences related discipline (Economics, Business Admin., Sociology, Anthropology, International Dev., Gender Studies, Public Administration etc),
Additionally, strong candidates should demonstrate:
- Strong interest in African Social Development Issues and a sense of mission.
- Clear evidence of being involved/interested in Qualitative or Quantitative Research
Mastercard Foundation Benefits
- The duration of the Young Impact Associate Fellowship is 12-months and is expected to commence in September 2023. You are expected to commit full time to the fellowship for the 12 months. During this time, Vanguard Economics will make sure you’re building your CV toward an area of your interest to enhance your future job opportunities in Vanguard Economics or elsewhere.
- You will earn a competitive monthly salary and you will be eligible for healthcare insurance with 100% coverage for you and your dependents for the duration of the Fellowship.
Application Deadline: May 15th, 2023
For More Information:
- PwC Ghana Graduate trainee Recruitment Program 2023 for young Ghanaian graduates | Apply Now
- Apply Now: Nestlé Central and West Africa Region’s (CWAR) Nesternship 2023 Program for young Africans.
- Apply Now: West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) 2023 Next Generation Internship Programme – Accra,Ghana |Fully Funded internship
- Call for Applications: Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) Coach/Mentor Recruitment
- Apply Now: Global Landscape (GLF) 2023 Volunteer Program
- Call for Applications: Unilever Future Leaders Programme (UFLP) 2023 for Young Graduates
- United Nations Online Volunteers Program 2023 |Become UN Volunteer and Gain Global Work experience
- Apply Now: DAAD Leadership for Africa Masters Degree Scholarship 2023 Programme for West Africans