UNESCO-UNEVOC Skills in Action Photo Competition 2023
Are you a professional or amateur photographer interested in youth skills? Don’t pass up the opportunity to compete in the UNESCO-UNEVOC Skills in Action Photo Competition 2023!
You are invited to enter the competition by submitting images that depict innovative features of technical and vocational education and training (TVET). They want you to record intriguing moments demonstrating how TVET is educating young people aged 15 to 29 with future skills. The theme for this year is “Skilling Youth for the Future,” and submissions should address one or more of the following:
- TVET for a sustainable future – photos highlighting green jobs and skills
- Skills for a digitalized world – photos highlighting the digitalization of training and work
- Inclusive TVET – photos highlighting the importance of ensuring equal access to quality TVET, regardless of gender, ethnicity, nationality or disability.
The winners of the Skills in Action Photo Competition 2023 will receive the following prizes:
- 1st prize – $750 USD
- 2nd prize – $500 USD
- 3rd prize – $350 USD
Winning photographers and finalists will receive a certificate, and their entries will be featured on UNESCO’s website and across various social media channels. All submissions received will become the property of UNESCO and will be eligible for use in future UNESCO media campaigns, publications and promotional material.
You are eligible to participate as long as:
- you are at least 18 years old.
- you are the owner or copyright holder of the photo entry/entries
- All entries should be submitted with a title, a brief paragraph (not more than 75 words) explaining the context of the photo, along with where and when it was taken.
- All photos submitted should be in jpeg format. You are encouraged to submit Raw/Tiff files when possible. The longer side should be at least 3,000 pixels. Photographers are allowed to digitally manipulate entries slightly and state the nature of manipulation. Please do not include any marks, logos, watermarks or borders in your photos.
- Your photos should be related to the theme mentioned above.
The selection process will be based on the following criteria:
- Adherence to the theme
- Uniqueness of the concept/shot
- Innovative means of delivering the message
After taking your photo(s):
- Add a title and write a short description for every photo.
- Rename the photo(s) in this format: Lastname_Firstname_title.jpeg (for example: Smith_John_Digital-Futures.jpeg/.tiff)
- Download and complete the submission form and rename the form in this format: Lastname_Firstname_SAPC23.docx
- Make sure you agree with the Terms and Conditions listed in the submission form.
- Send the completed form and the original photo files to unevoc.skills(at)unesco.org, with the following email subject heading: Lastname_Firstname_SAPC23. Note that the attachment size may have a limit. In case of multiple entries that cannot be sent via email, you can use any cloud storage servers you prefer and provide us with the direct link (no sign-up or password required) to download. WeTransfer is an example of an online file sharing service.
For more information, visit Skills in Action Photo Competition.
- Mandela Washington Fellowship 2023/2024: APPLICATION AND ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
- Commonwealth Gender and Sexuality Fellowships Mid-career Professionals 2024 |Fully Funded
- AIG Scholarships for Master of Public Policy at the University of Oxford for Nigerians 2023
- Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Graduate Analyst Programme 2023 for young Nigerian University Graduates
- GCA Local Adaptation Champions Awards 2023 |€15,000 prize
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP