Commonwealth Gender and Sexuality Fellowships Mid-career Professionals 2024 |Fully Funded
Commonwealth Gender and Sexuality Fellowships are for mid-career professionals from low and middle-income Commonwealth nations who want to spend time working in their field at a UK host organization.
Purpose: To provide professionals with the chance to improve their knowledge and abilities in their respective fields, as well as to have a catalytic influence on their workplaces.
Intended beneficiaries: Mid-career professionals (with five years’ relevant work experience) working in development-related organisations in low and middle income Commonwealth countries.
Commonwealth Gender and Sexuality Fellowships Eligibility
To be eligible for these Fellowships, prospective Fellows must:
- Be a citizen of, or have been granted refugee status by, an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have at least five years’ full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience, in a profession related to the subject of the fellowship programme, by the proposed start of the fellowship – voluntary work experience will not be counted towards this minimum
- Be in employment at the time of application at an organisation that they will return to upon completion of the fellowship
- Provide at least two references, one of which must be from their current employer. Any applications for which references are not received by the reference closing date will be considered ineligible.
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years (at the time of taking up the award)
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programmes of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject
- Be available to undertake their fellowship within the full duration of the prescribed dates
Commonwealth Gender and Sexuality Fellowships Benefits
Each Fellowship provides:
- Approved return airfare from the Fellow’s home country to the UK
- Reimbursement of the standard visa application fee
- Stipend (living allowance) payable monthly (or pro rata) for the duration of the award at the rate of £1,944 per month, or £2,397 per month for those at organisations in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2021/22 levels)
- If a Fellow declares a disability, a full assessment of needs and eligibility for additional financial support will be offered by the CSC. See the CSC disability support statement for more information
- Arrival allowance of up to £1,061.10 (rates quoted at 2021/22 levels), including an element for warm clothing
- For the Gender and Sexuality programme a £1,000 travel allowance per fellow to facilitate attendance at events (administered by host organisations)
Deadline: August 16, 2023.
- AIG Scholarships for Master of Public Policy at the University of Oxford for Nigerians 2023
- Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Graduate Analyst Programme 2023 for young Nigerian University Graduates
- GCA Local Adaptation Champions Awards 2023 |€15,000 prize
- African Youth Climate Assembly 2023 (Application details for Kenyan and non-Kenyan Participants)
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP