Are you a seasoned business professional, an independent contractor, or an investor with spare time? Would you like to be more active in the vibrant startup ecosystem? Do you wish to significantly impact the lives and endeavors of entrepreneurs? Next, submit an application to mentor in this year’s VC4A Mentor-Driven Capital Programme Women-Edition.
One of VC4A’s strategies for enhancing startup ecosystems worldwide is “mentor-driven capital.” It’s about locating and assisting motivated and seasoned professionals like you to use the VC4A Mentorship Marketplace to connect promising startups with the information, network, and experience you’ve accumulated throughout your career. As you assist your mentee in pursuing their entrepreneurial dreams, you gain valuable insights into the regional startup scene and hone your own mentoring, business & leadership skills.
This programme aims to boost the ability of business women as a high-powered mentor through the VC4A Mentor-Driven Capital framework. You and selected fellow business leaders will receive expert guidance, training, and hands-on expert sessions around mentoring, and join interactive discussions on topics like mentoring founders for fundraising, corporate partnership building, and angel investing all through the comprehensive framework facilitated by fellow women experts.
This year, the Mentor-Driven Capital programme is fully women led and focused on bossing women mentors and investors. One potential reason is the limited representation of women in key roles in investment funds, angel networks, entrepreneur support organizations (ESOs) and mentor networks.
VC4A Mentor-Driven Capital Programme 2023 Benefits
- Attend expert-led sessions on essential mentorship and startup-related topics.
- A mentorship guide and online training materials.
- Access peer-to-peer learning through expert discussions, group sessions, and networking opportunities.
- Get matched with Africa-based founders with mentorship needs through the VC4A Mentorship Marketplace.
- Access partner organizations’ demo days and invite-only events like the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit.
- You will also get complimentary access to major startups’ and partners’ events.
VC4A Mentor-Driven Capital Programme 2023 Eligibility
The programme is open to a maximum of 30 (aspiring) women business mentors from African countries or those with strong ties with – and interest in the continent. The only thing you need to invest during the approx. 2-month program is 4-5 hours per month of your valuable time and knowledge!
- You are based in Africa or closely affiliated with the continent.
- You are a senior business professional, entrepreneur, and/or investor with 10+ years of experience.
- You are interested in the startup ecosystem and keen to support startup companies.
- You can attend the 5 virtual online bootcamp sessions and expert sessions between March and April 2023 (each session is approx. 1-1.5 hours, totals about 3-4 hours/month).
- You are interested in offering mentorship post the program to African startups through the VC4A Mentorship Marketplace.
VC4A Mentor-Driven Capital Programme 2023 Application
If you’re interested in joining the programme as a mentor, create a VC4A account and/or sign in to your account, and hit the apply button to submit your application before January 31. They plan the kick-off session on the 1st of March, 2023 and the closing session by the 30th of April, 2023.
Deadline: January 31, 2023
For more information, visit VC4A Mentor-Driven Capital Programme.
- Call for Applications: Young African Leaders Programme
- APPLY NOW: Because International Impact Competition
- Z Zurich Foundation One Young World Scholarship 2023 | Fully Funded to attend the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast, UK
- Call for Applications: African Girls Can Code (AGCCI) Initiative Phase II
- Call for Applications: Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) Scholarship Programme 2023 | up to $10,000
- Finland Government Scholarships for International Students are open Fully-funded for Bachelors and Masters Degree
- APPLY NOW: African Union Commission (AUC)-EU Skills Initiative for Africa funding Window III
- APPLY NOW: EcoHeroes Initiative 2022-2023 for Secondary School Students in Africa
- Call for Applications: UN Foundation – The Big Brainstorm 2023 for Young Thinkers and Activists to design their future
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP