Finland Government Scholarships for International Students are open Fully-funded for Bachelors and Masters Degree
Study in one of the industry’s fastest growing hubs. Finland Government Scholarships for International Students 2023-24 are now available. Finnish Government Scholarships are available for Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD programs. Applicants from outside the European Union may apply. This scholarship is available to applicants from all around the world, with the exception of the EU/EEA. This is an excellent chance to study in Finland on a scholarship in 2023.
Finland Scholarships are funded by the Ministry of Education and Culture. Finland is a European country. Classes and the semester will commence in September 2023. This article will provide you with all of the information you need to know about Finland Scholarships for International Students. You must first identify a course of study and a university before applying for admission. After being admitted, you can apply for the Fully Funded Finland Scholarship, which is funded by the Finnish government. The specifics are provided below.
Some Information on Finland Scholarships 2023-24
- Finland country is home to Great Universities.
- This is a Joint Application. Joint Application means that you can apply for a maximum of six programs in a Single application. You don’t need to apply separately.
- There is No Application Fee, applying is always Free.
- Many courses are in English.
- 500 English-taught Bachelor’s and Master’s programs in more than 13 universities and 22 universities of applied sciences.
Financial Coverage by Finland Government
- All the universities in Finland offer various percentages of the Tuition Fee Waiver Scholarship OR the Tuition Fee + Monthly Stipend Scholarship (Fully Funded).
- Read about the Funding details Here
- Note: There is No Separate Application Required for the Finland Government Scholarship. By default, your application will be considered for a scholarship.
Names of Universities, Study Fields, and Programs
Look, there is a total of 22 Applied Sciences Universities Participating in this Program and 13 Universities more too. Both offer different study fields. Currently, there are 30,000 International students studying in Finland.
University of Applied Sciences:
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries, and Veterinary
- Business, Administration, and Law
- Engineering, Manufacturing, and Construction
- Health and Welfare
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICTS)
- Services (hospitality management, logistics, security, sports studies)
- Social Sciences, Journalism, and Information
- Agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and veterinary
- Business, administration, and law
- Engineering, manufacturing, and construction
- Health and welfare
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICTS)
- Natural sciences, Mathematics, Statistics
- Services (Military Science, sport science)
- Social sciences, journalism, and information
HOW TO APPLY
The application route and period depends on the degree programme, so always start by searching for the study programme(s) you’d wish to apply to. After choosing your programme(s), it is easy for you to check the application period and other admission-related details with those particular universities you are interested in.
The Studyinfo.fi joint application to studies starting in autumn (September) is arranged annually in January (4–18 Jan in 2023). All degree programmes available via the joint application share the same application period. Joint application also means that you can apply to up to six degree programmes with one single application.
A small number of individual degree programmes may also offer a January study start option. To these, the joint application period is usually open in September (31 Aug–14 Sept in 2022). Note however that the September joint application for studies starting in January has a rather limited selection of programmes on offer compared to the January joint application.
Some degree programmes can have their application periods open before or after the joint application periods. You can read more about separate applications at Studyinfo.fi. In separate applications, the application period can vary a lot depending on the programme.
In many cases, the separate applications periods fall between the period from late November/early December to late January, for studies starting in autumn, but some universities/UAS’s may also offer application options through rolling admissions over a period of several months. So, as there is a lot of variation in “separate application” periods, it is always recommendable to check the exact application period with the university/UAS of your choice.
When applying for bachelor’s programmes, you usually need to hold such school-leaving certificates that make you eligible to apply for higher education in your home country. You’ll need your upper secondary school certificates, even if you have completed some higher education studies after that.
For master’s level admissions, you need to have completed a university-level bachelor’s degree, or equivalent. For UAS master’s, there is an additional requirement of at least 2 years of work experience in the field after completing one’s bachelor’s degree.
The exact requirements may vary from one degree programme to another, so always check the details with the university and degree programme you are interested in. For example, if you are an eligible applicant, you may additionally be required to complete an entrance exam, SAT test, or an interview.
If English is not your first language, you may need to demonstrate your English proficiency level. IELTS and TOEFL are the most commonly accepted options, but many institutions also offer others. Check the English proficiency test requirements and any possible exemption rules with the university you are applying to.
After the application period and any entrance exams are over, the universities you’ve applied to will process your application and make a final admission decision. The admissions decision schedule is available in the Studyinfo.fi programme description.
Once you have been accepted as a student, you will receive an official letter of admission from the institution in question. Remember to follow the guidelines given by the university to confirm your study place. Note that you can only accept one study place per term, even if you receive several offers.
- Read the Studyinfo.fi instructions on confirming your study place.
- Read more about the one study place per term provision at Studyinfo.fi.
Having accepted your study place, you can start applying for your student residence permit. Start your student residence permit application process as soon as possible after your acceptance.
Details About Finland Government Scholarships 2023 for International Students
- Country: Finland
- Degree Level: Bachelor, Master
- Financial Coverage: Funded
- Eligible Countries: All Nationalities
- Deadline: 18th January 2023
Application Process for Finland Government Scholarships 2023
- You need to shortlist a Program or field that you want to study, and then you have to shortlist the University.
- You do not need to contact Professors or anyone else.
- A list of all Finnish Universities can be found in the following link (Visit Here)
- Your First step should start from here
- How to apply, application dates, eligibility, and more information are mentioned on the official website. The Link to the online application is given below.
Applying for higher education degree studies in Finland is done online at Studyinfo.fi.
At the Studyinfo.fi application portal you can find for example:
- the national database of English-taught degree programme options
- the application process explained in detail
- an FAQ section to find answers to many commonly asked questions
If you need advice on your application, get in touch with the Admissions Services of the university you are applying to. You can find their contact details at Studyinfo.fi, or on the universities’ own admissions info pages.
There is no application fee, applying is always free.
We have mentioned the links to the Eligibility Criteria, so you can check from there.
- For Bachelor, Master, PhD Criteria: Visit Here
To apply for more information, Please Visit the Official website of the Finnish Government Scholarship. You can check the Procedure (How to Apply)
- Call for Applications: European Union Traineeships Program 2023 | Fully Funded
- Call for Proposals: Global Youth Coalition Local Actions 2023 | €5,000 Seed fund
- APPLY NOW: African Union Commission (AUC)-EU Skills Initiative for Africa funding Window III
- APPLY NOW: EcoHeroes Initiative 2022-2023 for Secondary School Students in Africa
- Call for Applications: UN Foundation – The Big Brainstorm 2023 for Young Thinkers and Activists to design their future
- Call for Applications: ONE Youth Ambassador Programme 2023 | Belgium
- Call for Applications: PAP Innovation Showcase 2023 for Climate Tech Startups | up to $10,000
- Call for Applications: Rice Business Plan Competition 2023 for Student Startups | Up to $2M in prizes
- APPLY NOW: Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2023 for African Entrepreneurs | get $5,000 seed funding
- Freshwater and Community Conservation Remote Externship 2023
- Fashionomics Africa 2023 Fashion Entrepreneur Contest | $10,000
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP