A global competition to encourage, empower, and reward young people taking action on ocean issues was launched yesterday by the Secretary-General of the Commonwealth and the Commonwealth Youth Climate Change Network (CYCN).
Three young activists will receive £1,000 each as part of the #YouthLeadSDG14 Action Challenge, which was announced at COP27, for their work toward the achievement of the fourteenth UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG14).
SDG14 emphasizes the significance of protecting and using oceans, seas, and marine resources sustainably for the wellbeing of people, communities, countries, and the planet.
As part of the #YouthLeadSDG14 Action Challenge, which has as its theme SDG14, CYCN has created a list of 14 acts that participants must accomplish.
You must be aged 18-30, and come from a Commonwealth country, to enter.
How to enter Young Activist Action Challenge
To take part, entrants must:
- Sign up for the Action Challenge
- Take photos or film videos (max 10 minutes) documenting their efforts on one or more of the 14 points
- Submit a report via the Action Challenge submission form
- Post the content on social media using #YouthLeadSDG14 and #BlueCharter, tagging @CYCNOfficial and @ComsecYouth
Deadline: 8 December 2022
- Open Innovation Challenge for Sustainability 2022
- Call for application: South Pole Carbon Asset Development Program 2022
- Application for Cohort 3 of the ASIP Accelerator Program 2022
For More Information:
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP