Call for Ambassadors: Africa Youth for Migration Programme (AYMP) 2023
The call for Ambassadors for the Africa Youth for Migration Programme (AYMP) 2023 is now open. The Africa Youth for Migration Programme (AYMP) is a flagship initiative of the IOM Special Liaison Office to the African Union (AU) and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), in collaboration with the AU Office of the Youth Envoy (OYE) and the Women, Gender and Youth Directorate (WGYD) of the African Union Commission (AUC).
This initiative seeks to place young people within ongoing migration conversations, as well as enhance the active role and capacity of young people to respond to migration challenges on the continent. Under the AYMP, Migration Youth Ambassadors will be appointed to support and spearhead initiatives on migration in Africa.
The role of the Youth Ambassadors will be:
- To enhance knowledge building and promote understanding among young people on migration issues, global and continental frameworks, policies, programs, and cross-sectional thematic interlinkages.
- To assist in providing platforms for participation and engagement of young people on migration issues to incorporate their valuable perspective and insight into the policy making process.
- To amplify the voices of youth across the continent through dialogue, advocacy, and representation, underscoring migration, and human mobility as accelerators for regional integration and sustainable development.
- To contribute to knowledge base including through innovative research, development of policy papers, and creative content on migration and human mobility issues in Africa.
Africa Youth for Migration Programme Key Thematic Areas
- Empowerment and Safe Migration
- Youth Advocacy and Engagement
- Knowledge Building
- Global and Continental Frameworks
- Migration as an Accelerator for Development
- Youth Leadership and Representation
- Gender Balance and Diversity
Africa Youth for Migration Programme Benefits
- Recognition as a positive change champion and influencer, particularly in promoting and protecting the rights of young migrants.
- Trainings and capacity development in migration issues, that will equip for future career paths.
- Opportunities to participate or speak in regional and global consultations.
- Recognition and listing as a contributor to publications on youth and migration in Africa.
- Letter of commendation from IOM SLO Addis and AUC and certifcates for various trainings.
Africa Youth for Migration Programme Eligibility
- Young people from Africa, aged between 18 and 35, with advocacy, research, or creative content development experience are invited to apply.
- Demonstrate strong motivation and interest in African development and migration and human mobility issues.
- Be a member of a vibrant youth organization and able to impact young people across communities.
- Willing to commit to the duties of a Youth Ambassador for 12 months.
- Fluent in any of the African Union’s working languages.
Africa Youth for Migration Programme Selection Criteria
Selection is based on a competitive application process, considering experience, skills, and motivation to contribute to the programme’s objectives. Ensuring gender balance and diversity in terms of geographic representation and areas of expertise.
Deadline: July 31, 2023
For more information, visit AYMP.
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2023/2024 for Mid-Career Professionals to Study in the United Kingdom |Fully Funded
- Apply Now: World Summit Awards (WSA) Youth Ambassador Program 2023
- African Union CIEFFA Online Capacity Building Training 2023 |Fully-funded
- Health Data Analytics (HDA) Graduate Fellowship 2023 |up to ₦1,000,000
- Apply Now: AYuTe Africa Challenge Nigeria 2023 |Up to $20,000 in prizes
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP