Hot Job: Commonwealth Youth for Sustainable Urbanisation (CYSU) Coordinator
Apply for the position of Commonwealth Youth for Sustainable Urbanisation (CYSU) Coordinator right now. Commonwealth Youth for Sustainable Urbanisation (CYSU) was established by the CYP in collaboration with the Commonwealth Association of Planners (CAP), Commonwealth Local Government Forum (CLGF), Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA), and Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) in response to the Commonwealth Call to Action on Sustainable Urbanisation.
The Commonwealth Sustainable Cities Initiative (CSCI), which recognizes the importance of youth in sustainable urbanisation, will establish the network in 2021, building on the Youth Manifesto for Sustainable Urbanisation, which was published at CHOGM 2018 in London. This network is unique in that it recognizes the need to develop interdisciplinarity among youngsters interested in or starting employment in areas related to the built environment, such as technical professions, local government, and academia.
CYSU aims to empower Commonwealth Youth to support, contribute to, and advocate for sustainable urbanisation in the Commonwealth and to look at ways in which cities and human settlements can better reflect the needs of youth.
Key Deliverables & Responsibilities
The main role of the CYSU Network Coordinator is to support the executive team (EXCO) of the network, coordinate and support the Network across the Commonwealth, with a focus on the administration content/output of the network.
- Oversee the regular management of CYSU Network (administratively) and keeping up logistical arrangements of the network including supporting the Executive team and initiatives across regions, regular calls or direct mentoring and support;
- Enhance Commonwealth youth professional participation and representation in Sustainable Urbanisation and Settlements, development and opportunities by co-ordinating engagement and facilitating increased visibility in policy discussion and meetings at the Commonwealth and International level;
- Supporting and working with the relevant organisations towards action on any relevant international days.
- Support and coordinate the formation and engagement of diverse and active Executive Team;
- Support the strengthening of communication, partnerships and collaboration with the Commonwealth Secretariat, Commonwealth Youth Council (CYC), Commonwealth Youth Networks, Commonwealth Sustainable Urbanisation Partnership group (ACU, CAP, CLGF, CAA, CASLE, Prince’s Foundation) and other stakeholders;
- Increase visibility, outreach, inclusion and membership of CYSU Network;
- Maintain frequent and consistent communication with the assigned staff(s) from the Commonwealth Secretariat and other Partners managing the network, this includes ensuring regular updates of the network’s work and sharing of opportunities and announcements to all members of the network.
- Project manage initiatives and activities from conception, implementation to reporting and evaluation.
- Create and submit reporting processes and regular documents and reports to keep stakeholder well-informed of the network’s activities and progress.
- Ability to manage the communications and marketing strategies of the network, including building and maintaining a social media presence and content creation, for the network.
- Perform other activities as required.
Commonwealth Youth Salary
- GBP 1,500 per quarter, for 12 months.
Commonwealth Youth Eligibility
- Be aged between 18 to 29 years at the time of application, on 27 August 2023;
- Be a citizen of a Commonwealth member country;
- Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant area (International Development, Planning, Sustainability, International Relations or Environmental Studies).
- Have experience and evidence of managing and the communications strategy or content creation and management of a network
- Have strong writing and reporting skills, excellent communication and project management skills
- At least 5 years’ experience in youth capacity building, mentoring and managing networks of experts and youth leaders, particularly in Commonwealth countries;
- Proficient in developing strategic plans, trainings and workshops as well as youth policy development;
- Demonstrated experience in engaging and mobilising stakeholders and resources from governments, private sector, CSOs, academia, and youth networks for youth development and empowerment.
- Have a proven track record of working in multinational and remote teams;
- Have evidence of strong experience in managing a diverse, regional and/or international network;
- Be available to commit 18 hours per week to network activities.
Commonwealth Youth Application
Only applications received via the application form will be accepted.
Do note that the form will require you to upload documents including but not limited to the following:
- Resume/CV (maximum 2 pages)
- A cover letter outlining your experience (maximum 1 page)
- Names and contact details of 2 referees
Deadline: August 27, 2023
For more information, visit CYSU Coordinator.
- ENRICH in Africa (EiA) Scaling Programme for African Tech Startups
- UNESCO-UNEVOC Skills in Action Photo Competition 2023
- Mandela Washington Fellowship 2023/2024: APPLICATION AND ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
- Commonwealth Gender and Sexuality Fellowships Mid-career Professionals 2024 |Fully Funded
- AIG Scholarships for Master of Public Policy at the University of Oxford for Nigerians 2023
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP