Freshwater is vital for life on Earth, for people, species, and places across the natural world. Yet, in many places around the globe, our management of freshwater resources is becoming unsustainable. Understanding the interconnectedness and complexity of local and regional freshwater issues is critical to living sustainably on Earth.
In this remote Externship, externs will translate global freshwater conservation issues into a local context, make them relevant and accessible to their communities, and offer solutions to local or regional problems.
Throughout the Externship, you will learn about freshwater conservation careers from weekly webinars featuring National Geographic Society and The Nature Conservancy experts, your own research, and informational interviews conducted with local conservation organizations.
During this Externship, you will:
- Learn the basics of various freshwater conservation issues and approaches through resources and case studies provided by the National Geographic Society and The Nature Conservancy;
- Learn and apply primary and secondary research methods to investigate ongoing conservation efforts and identify freshwater conservation issues in your local area or region;
- Speak to local leaders, conservationists, and community members to gain an understanding of freshwater issues and their impact on the local community;
- Conduct a landscape/gap analysis to identify gaps in freshwater conservation efforts in your area and propose solutions to issues you may uncover;
- Gain skills in written and visual storytelling to communicate freshwater issues and how your community can help.
We are seeking young people ages 18-25 from around the globe interested in learning about introductory conservation approaches and exploring a career in conservation. No prior work experience or coursework in conservation or environmental topics is required. Individuals from locations impacted by freshwater conservation issues are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to selecting a cohort of young people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and cultures.
- Apply Now: Sterling Bank Plc (Sultan of Sales) Graduate Trainee Program 2023 for Nigerians
- LEAP Africa Leadership Accelerator Programme 2023 for Young African Women
- Global Peace Summit New York 2023 | Fully Funded
- Call for Application: TransparencIT Civic Changemakers Fellowship Programme 2023
- Call for Applications: CERN Paid Internship Programme 2023 in Switzerland
- Bertha Foundation Challenge Fellowships 2024 for Activists & Investigative Journalists |non-residential paid fellowship
- DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme 2023 for young Nigerian Entrepreneurs
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP