The TransparencIT Civic Changemakers Fellowship Programme 2023 is now accepting applications. A civic innovation and governance training program called the Civic Changemakers Fellowship is designed to support community champions who are tackling or want to tackle civic and governance issues.
Each year, TransparencIT chooses and invites community leaders who are actively involved in developing and scaling solutions to undermine civic engagement while enhancing local government and social justice. The Changemakers learn for three (3) months by participating in events, receiving training, working in groups, and networking to improve their activities and projects.
The sole objective of the programme is to strengthen the civic space and make a difference in the lives of communities by developing the combination of knowledge, skills, values, and motivation of the changemakers to foster and implement citizens-driven solutions. The programme was designed to create a positive impact using the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The core components of the fellowship comprise parallel training in experiential learning, leadership development, inclusion, innovation and management framework.
TransparencIT Civic Changemakers Fellowship Programme 2023 Benefits
The emerging changemakers will:
- Take part in interactions with global experts on equity and social justice.
- Receive professional development, mentoring, and networking opportunities in addition to peer group learning.
- Receive support to build and advance solutions around governance challenges and customized programming from TransparencIT and affiliate partners.
- Learn how to adopt technology in advocacy and leverage it to improve governance.
TransparencIT Civic Changemakers Fellowship Programme 2023 Eligibility
The programme is open to emerging changemakers who are:
- Between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time of application.
- Citizens and residents of Nigeria at the time of the programme.
- Passionate about solving social justice and governance challenges in their communities.
- Available to attend both online and on-site activities of the programme.
- Proficient in speaking, reading, writing and understanding the English language.
- Women and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
TransparencIT Civic Changemakers Fellowship Programme 2023 Selection Criteria
The selection panel will use the following criteria to evaluate applications of the candidates:
- Demonstrated commitment to community service or volunteerism on issues of inequality and social justice.
- Demonstrated interest in developing leadership capacities and civic solutions.
- Ability to work with diverse groups cooperatively.
- Strong social and problem-solving skills.
TransparencIT Civic Changemakers Fellowship Programme 2023 Application
To apply for the Changemakers programme, complete and submit the application form by June 30. The application requires that you write short essays on the inequality and social justice issues you are addressing.
- Call for Applications: CERN Paid Internship Programme 2023 in Switzerland
- Bertha Foundation Challenge Fellowships 2024 for Activists & Investigative Journalists |non-residential paid fellowship
- DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme 2023 for young Nigerian Entrepreneurs
- Apply Now: GE’DA’ Digital Fellowship Cohort – 5 |An African Social Innovators Bootcamp
- Apply Now: TotalEnergies Young Graduate Program 2023 for young Nigerian graduates
- Call for Application: Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative Program
- Call for Proposals: Restless Development for Youth Researchers |€2,500 grant
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP