Call for Applications: Meta Bursaries to Support Emerging Researchers at the AI4D Africa Conference 2023
Call for applications – META has provided bursary funding to support the attendance of emerging researchers at the AI4D Conference (supported by the IDRC, Niyel and GIZ: Fair Forward), to be held in Kigali, June 12-14, 2023.
The African Observatory on Responsible Artificial Intelligence (African Observatory) is a project of Research ICT Africa (RIA), which is part of the Artificial Intelligence for Development (AI4D) Africa funding programme supported by the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) of Canada and the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA).
META has kindly provided funding to support the attendance of emerging researchers at the AI4D Conference (supported by IDRC, Niyel and GIZ: Fair Forward), to be held in Kigali, June 12-14. The bursary funding will serve as a means to assist in building professional profiles and includes travel for up to 8 awardees to attend the conference and to present their research at a session that will be attended by the AI4D community and leading researchers from around the African continent.
Meta Bursaries Requirements
- This call is specifically for emerging researchers who do not yet have a PhD and are committed to working on AI ethics/human rights and policy/governance in African research.
- The African Observatory will also be looking to support the publication of the awardees’ work and provide ongoing mentorship to all awardees.
- At the conference, awardees will be invited to participate on a panel with the other awardees and to present a short paper based on their proposed area of research. Awardees will also be requested to provide a blog post to be added to the African Observatory Website reflecting their experience at the AI4D Conference.
Applications will be reviewed by an independent and representative panel consisting of leading experts in AI ethics and policy from across Africa.
Announcement of Winners
The awardees will be contacted via email in early May on the outcome of their application, and an announcement of the awardees shall be made via a blog post on the African Observatory Website.
To apply, forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents:
- Details of your professional experience to date (CV)
- A brief motivation for attending the event (500 words)
- An abstract of the work you intend to present (300 words)
Note: to be considered for the bursary applicants must have completed a Master’s degree, be enrolled in a PhD, be younger than 40 years
Application Deadline: 7th April 2023.
For More Information:
- FATE Scholar Programme (FSP) 2023 for Young Nigerians
- Call for Nominations: Diaspora Young African Leaders Awards 2023
- Apply Now: Procter & Gamble Learnership – Multiple Function Internship Program 2023 for young Nigerians
- Call for Mentors: Savvy Fellowship Programme 2023
- Call for Applications: The Africa Business Heroes Competition 2023 for young African Entrepreneurs |1.5 Million USD Prize
- APPLY NOW: Asset & Resource Management (ARM) Young Talent (Internship) Programme 2023 for Nigerian university students
- Call for Applications: Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund 2023 JUMPSTARTER Global Pitch Competition For Startups & Entrepreneurs Worldwide
- GREAT Scholarships 2023-2024 to Study at the University of Edinburgh (up to £10,000)
- Apply for Zenith Bank 2023 Graduate & Management Trainee Recruitment; Portal for Registration Now Open
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP