Call for Applications: MTN MoMo Hackathon 2023 |$10,000 in Prizes
The MTN MoMo Hackathon 2023 is now accepting applications. MTN MoMo is a ground-breaking fintech platform that provides a diverse range of innovative digital financial services to African individuals and companies. The platform gives access to payment, e-commerce, insurance, lending, and remittance services in 17 African markets.
MTN MoMO is thrilled to invite businesses, entrepreneurs, and developers from around the continent to the third MoMo API Hackathon. This event offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for developers from Ghana, Uganda, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Rwanda, eSwatini, Congo Brazzaville, Guinea Conakry, Zambia, Benin, South Africa, South Sudan, Liberia, and Nigeria to demonstrate their creativity and innovation by leveraging the MTN mobile money (MoMo) API platform.
By joining the MoMo API Hackathon, you’ll have the chance to create groundbreaking financial applications that will accelerate financial inclusion and drive the digitization of payments in Africa. Together, let’s shape the future of digital finance and empower millions of people with access to comprehensive and life-changing financial services.
Themes: Innovative financial and transactional applications
This is your moment to shine and revolutionize the financial landscape! Your task is to create innovative financial and transactional applications by leveraging MTN Mobile Money APIs. As you embark on this journey, keep in mind the transformative power of digital technology in promoting financial inclusion. By embracing cutting-edge solutions, we can drive Africa’s economic development, especially for underserved and isolated communities.
Imagine the possibilities! Your ideas have the potential to bridge the financial services gap and empower countless individuals with seamless access to financial resources.
So, seize this opportunity to make a lasting impact. They are excited to witness your ingenuity and the positive changes you’ll bring. Together, let’s foster economic growth and financial inclusion through the power of innovation and technology!
MTN MoMo Hackathon Prizes
- 1st prize: $5,000
- 2nd Prize: $3,000
- 3rd Prize: $2,000
MTN MoMo Hackathon Eligibility
- Open to developers based in Ghana, Uganda, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Rwanda, eSwatini, Congo Brazzaville, Guinea Conakry, Zambia, Benin, South Africa, South Sudan, Liberia, and Nigeria.
MTN MoMo Hackathon Rules
- This is a team participation hackathon. You can have at most 4 members on your team.
- You can either invite your friends to form a team or ask other teams to add you as a member.
- The hackathon will start on July 31, 2023 – Oct 10, 2023 you work on your hack during the allotted time only.
- It’s an online hackathon, you can participate from anywhere.
- There is one hackathon theme, you must submit a hack that is in one of these themes.
- Once the hackathon starts you will get an option to submit your hack, you can submit as many times as you want, and the last hack will be considered as the final submission.
- You are expected to come up with new innovative ideas, any idea that has been copied from somewhere will be disqualified.
- Your hack must be fully developed for the duration of the Hackathon. You can use open-source libraries and other freely available systems/services such as Google Maps, Facebook Connect, Twitter feeds, etc.
- The intellectual property of your code belongs solely to your team.
- By participating in the hackathon, you agree to HackerEarth’s terms and conditions.
Deadline: September 3, 2023
For more information, visit MTN MoMo Hackathon.
- Melton Foundation SDG Innovation Challenge 2023
- Wema Bank/EDC Mastercard Foundation Transforming Nigerian Youths Program 2023 for Young Female Entrepreneurs
- Call for Applications: Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program 2023
- Jobberman/EbonyLife Creative Academy Short-film Competition 2023 for Content Creators in Nigeria
- Apply Now: BudgIT GovSpend Media Fellowship Program 2023 |N200,000 monthly stipend
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP