Apply Now: BudgIT GovSpend Media Fellowship Program 2023 |N200,000 monthly stipend
The BudgIT GovSpend Media Fellowship Program 2023 is now accepting applications. This media fellowship seeks to recruit and train 12 media fellows (journalists), two from each of Nigeria’s six geopolitical zones, on how to use the govspend platform, as well as other related issues linked to creative communication and data-driven storytelling.
The BudgIT media fellowship, which began in 2017, featured journalists who were focused on writing human-angle stories that raised advocacy on topics such as budget access, project tracking, the use of extractive revenues, social justice, anti-corruption, open governments, and transparency. BudgIT’s platform assisted in giving voice to the stories and supporting them with real-time data.
This year for three months- September to November, the selected 12 fellows would be supported to identify spending from the gov spend platform, investigate it, and establish value for money or corruption cases that may have occurred during the procurement process. The 12 investigative stories developed from the media fellowship will be published via the medium by which the fellows work on.
BudgIT GovSpend Media Fellowship Benefits
- They will provide a monthly stipend of N200,000 to cover story coverage and logistics. We will also hold rounds of engagements with stakeholders on the ideas to receive feedback and potential support. Other sessions on Centring People in your stories, Storytelling for journalists, Making sense of the data, Data Visualisation Tools, and Multimedia storytelling will be handled by the BudgIT team.
BudgIT GovSpend Media Fellowship Eligibility
- Open to investigative/media journalists from the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria;
- Applicants should be interested in writing on topics such as budget access, project tracking, use of extractive revenues, social justice, anti-corruption, open governments, and transparency.
BudgIT GovSpend Media Fellowship Application
The winners will be announced on August 28, 2023. Fellows will be informed earlier to ensure media materials are provided for the announcement. The Govspend Media Fellowship session for the 2023 cohort will be from September 2023 and end on November 2023.
Deadline: August 15, 2023
For more information, visit GovSpend Media Fellowship.
- Hot Job: Commonwealth Youth for Sustainable Urbanisation (CYSU) Coordinator
- Apply Now: First Bank Technology Academy 2.0 for young Nigerian graduates
- ENRICH in Africa (EiA) Scaling Programme for African Tech Startups
- UNESCO-UNEVOC Skills in Action Photo Competition 2023
- Mandela Washington Fellowship 2023/2024: APPLICATION AND ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP