Call for Applications: Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program 2023
The Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program 2023 is now accepting applications. The Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program is a three-month internship designed to provide participants with the necessary multi-disciplinary intellectual development, practical skills, and research abilities to think in more innovative ways to solve complex governance challenges. The Program also serves as a strategy for developing a pipeline of young pan-African leaders to give a long-term path to good governance.
The core of their ambition is to train and nurture young people in an enabling working environment through a structured capacity development process. These will include training on transformational leadership development, professional and career development, and digital communication and technology skills. Essentially, beyond the technical training in resource governance, interns will be exposed to the tools and guidance needed to set and achieve realistic personal and professional goals, coupled with well-rounded and ethical leadership training.
Responsibilities of NextGen Leaders
The NextGen Leaders will deliver timely and quality evidence-based policy analysis, training, and advocacy through strong collaborations, ensuring that ACEP remains a thought-leader in Africa’s energy and the extractive policy space. Specifically, the NextGen Leaders will:
- Contribute to writing research reports and policy briefs on the energy and extractives sector of Africa.
- Support media engagement activities on ACEP’s outputs and position on energy and extractive sector issues in Africa.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation, and evaluation of annual programmes.
- Support organizational development activities.
- Support in resource mobilization efforts, including grants and proposal writing.
- Contribute to programme management, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities.
Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Benefits
ACEP will provide:
- Support for growth and development through:
- Opportunities for training and development
- Coaching, mentorship, and peer support
- Creating room for creativity and innovation
- A generous stipend and free lunch for the duration of the internship.
- Decent accommodation for international interns.
- An approved return ticket from the NextGen Leader’s home country to Ghana.
Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Eligibility
Applicant must be a young African who demonstrates a passion for ensuring the vast extractive resources in Africa translates to sustainable and inclusive development. Among others, the candidate must possess:
- Relevant academic qualifications, preferably in any or a combination of economics (including energy), engineering (petroleum/electrical), oil and gas management, public policy, law, political economy, development studies, development finance, project management, communications, statistics, mathematics, etc.
- Good writing skills with clarity and logical flow of thought.
- Adequate knowledge of relevant qualitative and quantitative analytical tools (R, Stata, Eviews, NVivo, Atlas.ti etc.).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit.
- The ability to think creatively and take the initiative in solving problems.
- A good sense of ownership and responsibility for his/her decisions and actions.
- A strong sense of leadership.
Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Application
Applicants will be required to upload a Motivational Statement, CV/Resume, and a Recommendation Letter. There would be an entry test and an interview as part of the recruitment process. Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
Deadline: August 18, 2023
For more information, visit Next Gen Leaders.
- Apply Now: BudgIT GovSpend Media Fellowship Program 2023 |N200,000 monthly stipend
- Hot Job: Commonwealth Youth for Sustainable Urbanisation (CYSU) Coordinator
- Apply Now: First Bank Technology Academy 2.0 for young Nigerian graduates
- ENRICH in Africa (EiA) Scaling Programme for African Tech Startups
- UNESCO-UNEVOC Skills in Action Photo Competition 2023
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP