Request for Applications: Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Program for Nigerian Youth (receive N50,000 monthly stipend)
Program for the Acquisition of Skills by Rural Youth The Federal Government sponsors RYSA, which is run by the Center for Rural Youth Entrepreneurship and Environmental Development with financing partners UNCDF, UNIDO, and EU.
With the goals of generating income-earning opportunities, quelling adolescent restlessness, preventing rural-urban drift, and boosting the local economy, the initiative is aimed to bring skill development programs to the rural youth population. Youths from rural communities in Nigeria who are native-born and in need of company start-ups and essential business skills make up the target youth demographic.
The RYSA programme has two training components as follows:
1. The hands-on, practical instruction In order for program participants to flourish in their chosen businesses, they must be trained in additional practical skills. Master Trainers chosen from various communities across the nation will carve out this training.
2. The Community Business School (CBS) training is a requirement for all RYSA beneficiaries, and it must be completed once per week for a total of twelve weeks during the practical/hands-on training programs. The goal of the program is to provide participants with the business and life skills necessary for their success.
Community Business School (CBS) Course Outline:
1. Introduction to Business
2. Customer Relations
4. Book Keeping
5. Community Service and Volunteerism
6. Business Networking
7. Business Modelling
List of Skill-Sets/Enterprises/Ventures :
1. Aluminum Profiling
2. Catering and Confectioneries
3. Electrical Installations and Repairs
4. Fashion and Designs
5. Hair Dressing
8. POP, Screed Making and Painting
10. Welding and Fabrication
11. Woodwork and Furniture
12. Solar Works
13. Auto Mechanic
Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Program for Nigerian Youth Selection Process:
> Interested candidates must enroll and pass the proficiency test in his/her chosen skill area to be eligible for the programme.
> Beneficiaries must complete the Refresher/CBS training before the Start-up Packs presentation.
> Candidates must pass the training completion proficiency test and Community Business School (CBS) training test before been awarded Certificate and given support.
> Successful Beneficiaries must subject themselves to the mentoring process of the Centre for Rural Youth Entrepreneurship and Environmental Development.
Benefits to RYSA Trainees:
1. Monthly Stipend
Beneficiaries of the program will receive the minimum monthly stipend of N50,000 in the course of their 6(six) months training with RYSA.
The Startup-packs for RYSA Nigeria program are;
- Work Tools
- Seed Grants
The Work Tools are equipments that will be given to beneficiaries at the end of the training, which will be used to start up their own enterprise. While the Seed Grant supports their ventures as new employers of manpower.
Eligibility Requirement for RYSA Nigeria
The criteria that must be met by applicants for selection are;
> Must be between eighteen (18) to thirty-five (35) years of age.
> Must hail from a rural community accross the 36 states in Nigeria.
> Must have First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) or higher.
> Must have basic knowledge on any of the listed enterprises/ventures , and have shown interests in RYSA program.
> Be willing to learn new skills in the choosen area, which will help grow his/her personal venture after the training course.
- Scholarship Award 2022 for Young Nigerians by Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- Nigerian Students Pepperest Campus Ambassadors Program 2022
- Dangote Announces 300,000 Mass Hiring and Launches Graduate Job Application Portal
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP