The Global Masters Scholarship at University College London (UCL) seeks to enable and encourage international students from low-income families to complete full-time Master’s degree studies at UCL.
University College London, known as UCL since 2005, is a public research university in London, England, and a member of the federal University of London.
UCL was founded in 1826 as London University by founders inspired by Jeremy Bentham’s radical views. It was the first academic institution in London and the first in England to be totally secular and to enroll students regardless of faith.
Candidates can be from any country outside the UK but must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Be eligible to pay the Overseas fee rate;
- Come from a lower income background*;
- AND have submitted an admission application for a full-time Master’s degree at UCL in 2023/24. Please note: Distance-learning options are not eligible for this fund; students must be coming to the UK to attend UCL in person.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- There are up to 70 (seventy) scholarships available in 2023/24.
- The value of the bursary is £15,000.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year only unless the full-time programme is 2yrs in length. In that case the scholarship will be paid 50% in each year.
- The UCL Global Masters Scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the UCL Global Masters Scholarship being awarded.
- The scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments, throughout the academic year, towards maintenance.
- The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need and upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office.
- The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be at 5pm BST, Thursday 27 April 2023.
- Successful candidates for 2023/24 will be notified by early July 2023.
Method of Application
- Login to Portico with your normal details.
- Click on the ‘View’ button for the ‘Active Application’ that you wish to apply for funding for.
- In the application screen, click on the ‘Funding’ in the menu at the top of the page.
- You are now on the funding page. To find out which funds you are eligible to apply for click ‘Check and apply‘ under ‘Funds Available’.
- Click on the scholarship name of the scheme that you wish to apply for.
- Call for Applications: GOAL NextGen Youth Programme 2023 |Stipend of €400
- Study-In-UK: 2023 University of Manchester Engineering the Future Scholarships for African Students
- Apply Now! The Geneva Challenge 2023 for Graduate Students: The Challenges of Loneliness |Cash prizes and fully-funded trip to Geneva,Switzerland
- Call for Applications: IBM Sustainability Accelerator Water Cohort 2023
- Call for Applications: Next Titan Africa 2023 for Young African Entrepreneurs |$100,000 grand prize
- Call for Applications: SME Growth Lab Accelerator Program 2023 for female entrepreneurs
- How to prepare for a scholarship interview
- Apply Now: YALI RLC SA Emerging Leaders Programme 2023 – Online Cohort 18