WACSI Next Generation Internship Program is created in response to an identified need for structured practical capacity enhancement for young West Africans.
The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) is a regional non-governmental organisation dedicated to enhancing the capacities of civil society organisations in West Africa toward greater sustainability and operational and development effectiveness.
WACSI Next Generation Internship Program Details:
WACSI introduced a Next Generation Internship Programme (NGIP) in January 2008 aimed at developing the next generation of African scholars and practitioners. The programme primarily targets young West Africans, either fresh graduates or early career professionals, seeking work experience in WACSI’s core areas of work.
Interns are expected to commit to WACSI for six months during which time they will be fully involved in all WACSI activities and enhance their knowledge and capacities for leadership, knowledge and programme management, and critical development issues for West Africa, among other areas.
WACSI Next Generation Internship Program Requirements:
To be considered for the internship, you must meet the following:
- Applicants must have a minimum of a first degree in international affairs, political science, public policy, law, development studies, or related fields.
- Applicants should also show an interest in civil society and non-profit organization management.
WACSI Next Generation Internship Program Duration and Reward
This is a fully funded internship by WACSI. The institute will support interns fully with a flight to and from their home country, furnished accommodation, lunch during working days for the duration of the internship, and a monthly stipend.
Responsibilities for Interns:
- Supporting in designing and implementing institutional assessment tools, training, and technical support.
- Participating in unit and cross-unit programme/project planning and proposal development.
- Providing general administrative support for programmes, budget monitoring, tracking, and maintaining a calendar of activities.
- Assisting with arrangements and organisation of the various pieces of training and technical support planned under the Unit.
- Serving as a liaison between WACSI and resource persons, associates, partners, and beneficiaries.
- Aiding in designing and developing training tools such as toolkits, modules, and other indigenous training resources.
- Researching, writing, and producing briefings and fact sheets on ongoing programmes and projects.
- Developing and drafting project work plans, reports, concept notes, and other documentation, such as training and resource materials, presentations, and budget proposals.
- Conduct desktop research on policy and legislative issues
- Assist in gathering information and writing reports for policy meetings
- Assist in policy meetings and workshop preparation
- Assist in the development of policy advocacy training tool
- Support other administrative tasks
- Any other duties that the Head of the Unit may assign
- Preference will be given to applicants with high proficiency in English, French or Portuguese and a working knowledge of one other.
- The successful intern will spend a substantial part of her/his internship working at the WACSI office in Accra, Ghana.
- The internship period is from July to December 2023. Interns who are unable to complete the six-months internship will refund the total cost of the internship package to WACSI.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the like below.
Deadline: April 30, 2023
- EU Delegation to Uganda Funded traineeship 2023 for young graduates | Apply Now
- Call for Applications: NATO Young Professionals Programme 2023
- Call for Applications: Pulitzer Center Rainforest Journalism Fund (RJF) Internship 2023
- Call for Applications: UNDP/Samsung Generation17 Programme for young changemakers
- Apply Now: Mastercard Foundation-Vanguard Economics Young Impact Associate Fellowship for young Africans |Paid Fellowship
- PwC Ghana Graduate trainee Recruitment Program 2023 for young Ghanaian graduates | Apply Now
- Apply Now: Nestlé Central and West Africa Region’s (CWAR) Nesternship 2023 Program for young Africans.
- Apply Now: West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) 2023 Next Generation Internship Programme – Accra,Ghana |Fully Funded internship