The job of Youth STEM Matters Programme Officer is now open for applications. Joining the Youth STEM 2030 team as a Youth STEM Matters Programme Officer is an amazing opportunity to help improve the programs that Youth STEM Matters, a youth-led scientific publication, creates for young people.
This position will be primarily concerned with boosting the journal’s long-term viability and influence. During a moment of change within our project, this entails forging and leveraging partnerships with other organizations, as well as strengthening the Youth STEM Matters Team’s capacity through skill development and community development. Finally, this role will provide a platform for more young people to contribute their STEM-based research, ideas, and solutions that address the world’s most pressing issues, such as climate change, poverty, and inequities.
As a Youth STEM Matters Programme Officer, you will play an important role in expanding the reach and impact of their programs, forging partnerships with other organizations, and providing support to the 60+ young people from around the world who make up the Youth STEM Matters Team, allowing Youth STEM Matters to be an impactful and accessible platform for youth. They are looking for someone who is proactive, who can effectively build relationships with a variety of corporate, non-profit, and educational stakeholders, as well as diverse young people, and who can bring a community-focused approach to the Youth STEM Matters Team in order to build a self-sustaining positive community.
Youth STEM Matters Programme Officer Responsibilities
This is a varied role, where you’ll provide support to a diverse team of youth volunteers, build impactful and inclusive programmes for young researchers, innovators and changemakers, and build partnerships to increase Youth STEM 2030’s impact. As a Youth STEM Matters Programme Officer, you will:
- Elevate Young People’s Voices
- Youth STEM Matters Team Support & Development
- Contribute to Programme Growth and Development
- Community Development
- Coordination of International Advisory Group
Youth STEM Matters Programme Officer Salary
- UK Real Living Wage – £10.90 per hour (£11.95 per hour if based in London)
Youth STEM Matters Programme Officer Eligibility
- You’ll excel in this role if you are passionate about empowering and supporting young people, and building inclusive and impactful programmes.
- You enjoy working as part of a diverse team of youth, and be passionate about giving young people a platform to share their STEM research, ideas and innovations, taking action to tackle the world’s biggest challenges through STEM.
- They are looking for someone who is eager to get stuck in and is able to bring their own ideas to the team.
- Above all, you should be a proactive team player, who is ready to learn and extremely self-motivated.
Essential Skills, Attributes and Experience
The ideal candidate is/can:
- Able to take a proactive approach, with an ability to work on your own initiative, problem-solve to find solutions to challenges and share your creative new ideas.
- Keen to learn and continuously improve. A lot of the work they do as an organisation involves ‘learning by doing’, so the successful applicant will have a positive attitude towards working on a range of projects and tasks, and receiving constructive feedback.
- Have excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan projects to achieve a goal, manage your time and workload effectively, and handle competing priorities.
- Are good at working and communicating transparently and able to communicate effectively in English with a wide range of people; you can support a diverse group of young people and effectively build relationships with partners.
- Committed to working proactively to ensure global representation, and that all activities and outputs are inclusive and accessible, across everything you do.
- Have previous experience in working collaboratively (ideally with other young people) to make change, and able to apply this experience to provide effective project management and deliver high quality programmes for diverse youth.
- Previous experience in one or more of the following areas: doing STEM-based projects (scientific research or invention/innovation), science communication, STEM education/outreach, experience within scientific publishing, experience relating to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Able to take an impact-driven approach towards achieving Youth STEM Matters mission, and understands the bigger picture of how their programme design, the community they build and young people’s experiences as part of their programmes can impact different stakeholder groups.
- Show commitment to Youth STEM 2030’s mission and values, with a passion for empowering young people to drive change.
Youth STEM Matters Programme Officer Application
To apply for this role, email:
- Your CV (maximum 2 A4 pages)
- A completed copy of the application form
to Mhairi McCann at email@example.com.
All applications must be received by 5pm GMT on Wednesday, January 11, 2023.
For more information, visit Youth STEM Matters.
Deadline: January 11, 2023
- Call for Nominations: Easy steps to get nominated for Forbes Under-30 or Under-40 List
- The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) 2023 for economic empowerment in the Middle East and North Africa | Fully Funded to Washington D.C. USA
- Call for Projects: UNESCO World Heritage Volunteers Initiative 2023 Program
- Apply to join the Youth STEM Matters Team 2023
- UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network SDGs Advocate Programme 2023 | Nigerians
- APPLY FOR FREE: Advanced Microsoft Training and Certification vouchers for Nigerians
- Call for submissions: AKO Caine Prize for African Writing 2023 | $10,000 prize
- APPLY NOW: RASH Scholarship Fund For Nigerian Students 2022
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP