The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) 2023 for economic empowerment in the Middle East and North Africa | Fully Funded to Washington D.C. USA
The U.S. Department of State sponsors a two-way exchange program called the Professional Fellows Program (PFP) for Economic Empowerment in the Middle East and North Africa. Its goals are to foster mutual understanding, improve leadership and professional skills, and create long-lasting, sustainable partnerships between mid-level emerging leaders committed to enhancing their communities through social entrepreneurship and workforce development. Washington, DC, serves as the program’s hub, and Austin, Texas, Detroit, Michigan, or Washington, DC, are the options for fellowship placements. In November, the Fall 2022 program came to an end. The Spring 2023 program will happen from May 1 to June 9, 2023.
PFP Fellows are placed in intensive fellowships in non-profit organizations, private sector businesses, and government offices for an individually tailored professional development experience. They build a broad network with American and other program participant colleagues as they develop a deeper understanding of U.S. society and enhance their professional skills. American participants who have hosted foreign fellows travel overseas for participant-driven reciprocal programs.
Professional Fellows Program (PFP) 2023 for economic empowerment Requirements
- Entrepreneurs and Social Innovators.Small & medium business Owners and Managers who are investing in innovative socially conscious products and programs.
- Individuals working in Civil Society/NGOs working on youth workforce training and development, increasing the role of marginalized populations in the economy, building financial literacy, training in technology use and IT development, and other efforts around economic empowerment.
- Individuals working in University incubators, accelerators, and job-readiness programs, and programs focusing on business development, financial literacy, sustainable tourism, or economic development.
- Individuals working in Government Agencies/Ministries, national policy offices, think-tanks, and offices working to increase the presence of underrepresented citizens in the economy.
- You must be a citizen of and current resident in: Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco or Tunisia.
Professional Fellows Program (PFP) 2023 for economic empowerment Benefits
If you are chosen as a finalist, Legacy Foreign and the US Department of State will pay for all of your international travel expenses, visa fees, and the necessities of daily life in the US.
SELECTED FELLOWS WILL LEARN:
- Effective practices in business management (developing a business plan, financing and accounting, human resource management, marketing, strategic planning, and networking, etc.);
- Principles of social entrepreneurship and increase the ability to run effective community outreach and public relations campaigns;
- Best practices from American colleagues in workforce development, gain exposure to models and innovative and practical ideas and tools in increase effectiveness of these programs;
- Increase the ability to think “outside of the box,” and spark creative, innovative approaches to problems, products, and marketplaces;
- Acquire new skills and strategies to engage effectively with policymakers and government officials;
- Form new or improved strategic partnerships.
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM COMPONENTS:
- Professional Fellows Congress: Both the fall 2022 and spring 2023 programs will conclude with a 3-day « Professional Fellows Congress » in Washington, DC. This event will bring together approximately 350 fellows from around the world. Fellows will have the opportunity to build relationships with fellows from dozens of countries and learn the tools of effective leadership.
- Follow-on Project Development: Each fellow will spend time developing an idea for a follow-on project to be implemented upon returning home. Fellows will participate in a number of training sessions to learn project design skills and write a project proposal during their time in the US.
- Outbound Program: US delegates who acted as hosts or mentors during the US immersion segment will be selected to travel to Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, or Tunisia to co-lead training seminars and gain first-hand knowledge of the country and its people. Fellows will assist in planning the US Delegation’s visit and hosting them.
- The application for 2023-2024 will open on Tuesday, November 22, at 9:00 AM EDT.
- The application will then close on Monday, January 9, 2023 at 12:00 PM EST.
- Applicants will be notified of their status in late February.
Application Deadline: January 9, 2023
For More Information:
- Y. Eva Tan Conservation Reporting Fellowship Programme 2023 | up to $3,000
- UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network SDGs Advocate Programme 2023 | Nigerians
- APPLY FOR FREE: Advanced Microsoft Training and Certification vouchers for Nigerians
- Call for submissions: AKO Caine Prize for African Writing 2023 | $10,000 prize
- Call for Application: Brain Builders Youth Development Initiative
- APPLY NOW: RASH Scholarship Fund For Nigerian Students 2022
- Call for Application: Zonal Coordinator for an Edutech Advocacy Project
- Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarships for Nigerians to Study Abroad in 2023–2024 (Fully Funded)
- Call for applications: CapaCiTi Software Development Programme 2023 for Young Africans
- UONGOZI Institute Youth Leadership Competition 2023 |$2,000 prize
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP