Call for Applications: African Plant Nutrition Outreach Fellowship 2023 |$5,000 award
Are you an innovative African scientist, extension specialist, or educator passionate about advancing plant nutrition in African agroecosystems? Apply for the African Plant Nutrition Outreach Fellowship 2023. This Fellowship will empower you to develop impactful education, training, and communication programs aimed at enhancing the use and efficiency of plant nutrients. Join the African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) in shaping a sustainable future for African agriculture.
The African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) is a not-for-profit research and education organization founded in 2019 and based in Benguérir, Morocco. Their mission is enhanced plant nutrition for a resilient and food-secure Africa.
African Plant Nutrition Outreach Fellowship
- Awards of USD $5,000 each are available to two innovative African scientists, extension specialists, or educators. The Fellowship will support education, training, and communication programs relevant to improving the use and efficiency of plant nutrients in African agro-ecosystems.
African Plant Nutrition Outreach Fellowship Eligibility
- Full time scientists, extension specialists or educators working at an African NARES institution (National Agricultural Research and Extension System), university, non-profit organization, or in the private sector are eligible. Students are not eligible for this award.
- Applicants must submit a creative plan addressing knowledge gaps or needed synthesis of existing information for accelerated delivery and adoption of improved soil fertility management practices in Africa. Of particular interest is on-going research that is aligned with at least one of APNI’s high priority initiatives including: 4R Nutrient Stewardship, Nutrient and Water Management Innovations for Resilient Agriculture for African Drylands, Soil Health Nutrient Management and Diagnostics, Precision Farming, and Farmer-led On-farm Innovation.
- Evidence of partnerships and collaboration will be favourably reviewed. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
African Plant Nutrition Outreach Fellowship Application
In order to complete the application process, you will need to submit the following in either English or French:
- A description of how the Fellowship will lead to improved outreach or implementation of appropriate soil fertility management in agricultural systems. This will outline any new initiatives, data synthesis, communication tools, training events, or travel that will be conducted with the award funds. Include sufficient detail to permit evaluation of the work’s originality, its innovative approaches, and potential impact.
- Electronic copy of two letters of support, one of which should be from the applicant’s supervisor. Letters must be signed and written on official letterhead and include the phone number and e-mail address of the letter writer.
- A resume/CV that includes academic degrees and relevant publications/communication products dealing with aspects of soil fertility management.
- A short report on how the funds were used to support the outcomes of the proposal will be required at the end of the award period.
- You will be required to upload documents during the online application process. It is recommended that electronic (pdf) copies of these documents be prepared in advance.
Deadline: September 11, 2023
For more information, visit APNI Fellowship Award.
- Call for Submissions: Youth Carnegie Peace Prize 2023
- AWDF Leading from the South Grant 2023 for Feminist or Women’s Rights Organisation
- UNITAR Advancing Gender Equality & Women Empowerment 2023 Entrepreneurship and Financial Literacy Training Programme
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at American University of Beirut (AUB) for Africans 2023
- Call for Applications: Western Union Foundation Scholarship
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP