An outstanding full scholarship program for girls who are active global citizens who are inspired to help solve some of the world’s most pressing issues.
Women now account for more than half of the world’s college-educated workforce. Yet, women make up only 28% of STEM workers. Women and girls who want to learn more about STEM typically encounter a difficult set of circumstances in traditionally male-dominated areas. (For more information, contact the American Association of University Women). That is why we established a program dedicated to the advancement of women in STEM professions. By allowing girls from all over the world to explore their interests in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, we may begin to shift this trend and offer up more opportunities for women’s viewpoints in the larger objective of achieving a sustainable future.
AFS Global STEM Accelerators Eligibility Criteria
- Must be 15-17.5 years old at the program start date
- Ability to participate fully, both online and in a classroom setting, in a program conducted entirely in English.
- Interest in STEM, sustainability, and global competencies
- Curiosity and willingness to interact with diverse global peers and explore new cultures
- A computer, smartphone or other digital device to access the virtual program content*
- An integrated webcam and microphone for participation in online dialogue sessions*
- Stable internet or wifi connection* : if internet or technology accessibility is an issue, AFS may be able to help.
- Talented young women from all backgrounds who reflect the diversity of populations around the world, particularly underrepresented populations, and students with high financial need, are strongly encouraged to apply!
AFS Global STEM Accelerators Benefits
- Scholarship winners will participate in 12 week all-virtual programs focusing on emerging and critical STEM skills and fields, global competence education, and social impact (co-developed with the University of Pennsylvania).
- Scholars will enrich their STEM knowledge and skills through interactive, hands-on curriculum, while developing critical global competencies, including problem-solving, analytical skills, intercultural understanding, and the ability to build bridges across cultures.
- Scholars who complete the program earn the Advanced Certificate on Global Competence for Social Impact, awarded by AFS and the University of Pennsylvania Center for Social Impact Strategy.
Deadline: March 15, 2023.
- Call for Applications: ICFJ News Corp Media Fellowship 2023 for Digital Innovation for Journalists Worldwide |Fully Funded
- Call for Applications: Meta Bursaries to Support Emerging Researchers at the AI4D Africa Conference 2023
- FATE Scholar Programme (FSP) 2023 for Young Nigerians
- Call for Nominations: Diaspora Young African Leaders Awards 2023
- Apply Now: Procter & Gamble Learnership – Multiple Function Internship Program 2023 for young Nigerians
- Call for Mentors: Savvy Fellowship Programme 2023
- Call for Applications: The Africa Business Heroes Competition 2023 for young African Entrepreneurs |1.5 Million USD Prize
- APPLY NOW: Asset & Resource Management (ARM) Young Talent (Internship) Programme 2023 for Nigerian university students
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP