The UN SDG Action Awards are a cornerstone program of the UN SDG Action Campaign, and they seek ideas and individuals who mobilize, inspire, and connect people to achieve good change.
Programs that turn apathy into action by rallying hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people to take action in support of the SDGs. We are looking for high-impact ideas that involve collective and coordinated efforts that mobilize people to Flip the Script and accomplish the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Initiatives that harness the power of creativity to inspire positive change and shift behaviour for the SDGs. We are seeking initiatives and inspirational campaigns that Flip the Script to shift individual behaviour and/or public policies.
Initiatives that turn division into unity by connecting diverse sectors and partners – from citizens to institutions – to accelerate progress on the SDGs. We are seeking initiatives that Flip the Script and connect people, organizations, and institutions to harness commitments and accountability towards the SDGs.
Nominate outstanding individuals
Outstanding individuals who demonstrate that the power is in our hands to Flip the Script and enact transformative change. Their actions had an extraordinary impact towards the SDGs on the ground whilst empowering communities and creating a multiplying effect.
All applications and nominations will be assessed on the following criteria:
What is the impact of the initiative? e.g. number of people impacted, mobilized, number of sectors involved, policies/legislation/budgets influenced, tangible shifts in behavior for the SDG.
How innovative is this initiative’s strategy? Is it a breakthrough idea? Is the initiative also engaging those left behind?
Does this initiative have the potential to be scaled up and/or be replicated in other contexts to accelerate the achievement of the Global Goals? Is there any evidence that scaling up or replication is already taking place?
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the UN SDG Action Awards please prepare a response for each section of the application form. All sections and questions are mandatory, except for those marked as ‘optional’.
Only complete applications will be considered by the selection committee. Please note that the strongest entries will offer clear supporting evidence, such as photos and videos and endorsements from participants in your initiative.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2023
For More Information:
- Call for Applications: Royal Academy of Engineering 2024 Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation
- Call for Applications: AFS Global STEM Accelerators for Girls in STEM Worldwide 2023
- Call for Applications: ICFJ News Corp Media Fellowship 2023 for Digital Innovation for Journalists Worldwide |Fully Funded
- Call for Applications: Meta Bursaries to Support Emerging Researchers at the AI4D Africa Conference 2023
- FATE Scholar Programme (FSP) 2023 for Young Nigerians
- Call for Nominations: Diaspora Young African Leaders Awards 2023
- Apply Now: Procter & Gamble Learnership – Multiple Function Internship Program 2023 for young Nigerians
- Call for Mentors: Savvy Fellowship Programme 2023
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP