The Barranquilla Young Leaders Scholarship 2023 is now accepting applications. One Young World will reintroduce the scholarship for 2023 after the Barranquilla Young Leaders Program in 2022 was a success. According to their dedication to efforts for positive change and effect, the new cohort of leaders will be chosen.
Throughout the year, they will participate in various development opportunities, including the One Young World One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast. With this approach, the Mayor’s Office of Barranquilla, Lean Solutions Group and Nuestra Barranquilla will collaborate with One Young World to support its current strategic objectives and continue to promote the work of young and innovative leaders in Barranquilla.
Topics of Interest: Social Development, migrant population inclusion, youth leadership, social innovation, projects with a differential approach.
Barranquilla Young Leaders Scholarship
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast
- Lifetime membership in the OYW community
- Hotel accommodation between 2 and 5 October 2023 (both included) for the Summit
- One night hotel (if required) for the visa application process
- Additional night on October 1 prior to the Summit
- Travel expenses to and from Belfast (economy class flights)
- Internal travel expenses to the airport to take the international flight (economy class flight)
- Travel expenses for visa processing (if required)
- Visa fees, if applicable (including visa fees and travel required for the visa appointment)
- Catering that includes breakfast at the hotel of accommodation and lunch and dinner at the Summit
- Transportation between accommodation and the Summit venue
- 7 days daily expenses (£20 per day)
- Travel insurance between October 2 and 5, 2023
- Translation services for the opening ceremony, plenary meetings and closing ceremony
- Post-Summit mentoring sessions Access to post-Summit development opportunities.
Barranquilla Young Leaders Scholarship Eligibility
You should apply for this program if:
- You are between 18 and 30 years old;
- You reside in the city of Barranquilla;
- You lead or are part of a social impact project where your contribution and leadership to the positive impact of the city is evidenced;
- Demonstrate leadership skills;
- You’ve demonstrated your commitment to positive change;
- You have a good knowledge of the main local and global challenges;
- You have a history of generating impactful and innovative ideas;
- You have the desire and are willing to commit to replicate the learnings of the scholarship and support the positive social impact projects of the sponsoring partners;
- You are not registered as an aspirant to any office of popular election for the elections of October 29, 2023.
Note: English language proficiency is not a requirement for applying for the scholarship, young people with the most outstanding social projects will be chosen. The English language will not be an exclusive element, however, it will add value to the application of the young person.
Barranquilla Young Leaders Scholarship Application
Send a motivational video, no longer than 2 minutes, answering the following: Why do you want to attend the One Young World Summit 2023, specifically through the Barranquilla Young Leaders Scholarship? How do you think the experience will help you advance your work?
Deadline: September 10, 2023
For more information, visit Barranquilla Young Leaders Scholarship.
- Beyond Limits Fellowship 2023 for Founders |N10,000,000 grant
- Project Empower a Warrior (PEW) 2.0 Grant |N500,000 Total grant
- Apply Now: SAIS Investment Readiness Programme 2024
- Apply Now: MEST Africa Challenge 2023 |$50,000 in equity
- Fatima Al-Fihri Open University (FAOU) Internship Program – Autumn 2023
- Entrepreneurship & Financing in Cultural and Creative Industries Training Programme 2023
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP