Commonwealth Sustainable Energy Transition (CSET) Children and Youth Challenge 2023 |Win a Trip to UNFCCC COP 28 in Dubai
The Commonwealth Sustainable Energy Transition (CSET) Children and Youth Challenge 2023 is now accepting applications. To complete the tasks we complete each day, we require energy. However, did you know that the majority of the energy we consume originates from resources that will deplete until we discover new methods to produce it without endangering the planet?
The Commonwealth Sustainable Energy Transition is looking for suggestions from kids and teenagers on how to use and teach about sustainable energy in our communities in a way that is engaging and simple to understand. The Commonwealth is committed to supporting youth and assisting them in paving the road for a better future for all.
Commonwealth Sustainable Energy Transition Categories
There are three categories in total:
- Category A – Stories written by children and youth, on the innovation and creative use or teaching of sustainable energy in their communities:
- Identify examples of innovative ways that increase the awareness and/or the use of sustainable energy in your community
- Be a reporter; take pictures, and notes of your selected example
- Write the example into a short story
- Category B – Prototypes of technological solutions or innovations developed by the children and youth with or for sustainable energy:
- Take a photo of a problem (related to energy) in your community
- See how it can be solved by using clean / renewable / sustainable energy (e.g. sun, wind, water)
- Test your solution, and record how it is going (what did you do, what the impact has been and what you have learned)
- Category C – Sample or case studies of best practices and materials used to educate and engage communities on sustainable energy. Category C is open to all (any age) formal and informal educators to share their best practices and educational materials:
- Identify ways and materials that successfully engage your community to learn about sustainable energy
- Collate evidence of your sessions (write about your methodology, take a video, collate the materials you use)
Commonwealth Sustainable Energy Transition Prizes
- All winners will receive certificates from the Commonwealth Secretariat. The winning entries (one per five Commonwealth regions of Africa, Asia, Europe and Canada, Caribbean, and Pacific) will be offered the chance to pitch their ideas to their local governments and policymakers through a virtual platform, with the potential for implementation, dependent on funding and suitability of the solution.
- A grand prize of sponsorship to the UNFCCC COP 28 in Dubai, UAE will be offered to one (1) representative of an overall winning entry in the age 15-17 category.
Commonwealth Sustainable Energy Transition Eligibility
There are three categories in total. Category A and B for persons aged 7 to 17 years old, and Category C for educators of any age who educate their community on sustainable energy.
- All individuals and team members must be a resident in a Commonwealth member country.
- Category A and C are individual submissions. Category B will require a team (minimum three people) for successful submissions.
- Submission for Category A and B must be led by children and youth from the following age groups (inclusive, and as of 31 August 2023): 7 to 10 years old; 11 to 14 years old; and 15 to 17 years old.
- Only submit original content. All applications must be of original creation by the applicant(s).
Commonwealth Sustainable Energy Transition Application
Deadline: August 31, 2023
For more information, visit CSET Children and Youth Challenge.
- Apply Now: Atlas Corps Fellowship 2024 for Social Change Leaders
- Innova [Africa Future of Work and Entrepreneurship] Fellowship 2023
- Freshwater and Community Conservation Remote Externship
- Shell Graduate Programme 2023 Application for Nigerians
- Apply Now: Sterling Bank Plc (Sultan of Sales) Graduate Trainee Program 2023 for Nigerians
- LEAP Africa Leadership Accelerator Programme 2023 for Young African Women
- Global Peace Summit New York 2023 | Fully Funded
- Call for Application: TransparencIT Civic Changemakers Fellowship Programme 2023
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP