The Energizing Women to Accelerate the Energy Transition Mentorship Programme 2023 is now accepting applications. To further advance women’s roles as change agents, the Global Women’s Network for the Energy Transition (GWNET), in collaboration with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and supporting partners adelphi and Guidehouse, is launching a mentoring program in select countries as part of Germany’s Energy partnerships and energy dialogues on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK).
The 2023 mentorship program strives to develop the careers of mid-career women working in the energy sector by building on the success of the 2021 Energizing Women to Advance the Energy Transition Program. The program’s specific goals are as follows:
- empower women in the energy sector in order to increase women’s representation at managerial and decision-making levels, and ultimately advance the pace of the energy transition,
- foster social change, facilitate novel ideas and encourage networking, and
- support participants to develop concrete career goals which they can strategically work towards.
The mentoring programmes are designed around the following key programme parameters:
- Hand-picked selection of mentor based on the stipulated goals and aspirations
- 12-month programme duration with regular bilateral mentor-mentee exchanges (approx. 1 – 1,5 hours per month)
- Social media campaign highlighting mentees and mentors
- Kick-off webinar and graduation ceremony
- Study tour for selected mentees to Germany in June 2023
- Networking and peer-to-peer exchange
- Applicant must be a national from one of the following countries:
- LAC: Brazil, Chile, Mexico, and Uruguay
- MENA: Algeria, Jordan, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, and the United Arab Emirates
- ASIA: China, India, the Republic of Korea, Vietnam, and Japan
- SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA: Ethiopia, Namibia, and South Africa
- Must be a woman working in either the public or the private sector in the renewable energy or energy efficiency field.
- Must work in a middle management position (5 – 10 years of relevant work experience).
The programme is also seeking senior professionals working in the energy sector to serve as mentors and support participants’ professional and personal development. If you are interested in volunteering as a mentor kindly fill in the Mentor Datasheet. The mentorship involves approx. 1 – 1.5 hours of engagement per month. The mentee-mentor pairing process will be based on how closely the goals of the mentee match the skills and experience of the mentor.
For more information, visit Mentoring Programme.
- Aig-Imoukhuede Foundation Public Leaders Programme 2023 for African Students | Apply Now
- Call for Applications: UNESCO-APCEIU 9th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED 2023
- Apply Now: Michael Curry Summer Internship Program 2023
- Apply Now: De Beers Group Trailblazer Accelerator Programme 2023 for female Entrepreneurs
- Call for Applications: Leading Africa Scholarship to Attend One Young World Summit 2023 |Fully-funded to Belfast, Ireland
- Apply Now: ShEquity Accelerator Program 2023 for African female entrepreneurs
- Call for Applications: IGNITE Food Systems Challenge 2023 |up to $30,000
- Apply Now: BIC Africa Acceleration Programme for Women Entrepreneurs 2023
- APPLY NOW: NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship Programme 2023
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP