Are you working on anything that you believe has the potential to transform African media or journalism? Do you have any abilities that you could use to create excellent new media? Apply to be a part of the Jamlab Accelerator Programme 2023.
In Sub-Saharan Africa, the Jamlab Accelerator Programme (JAP) is a six-month incubator for journalists and media innovators. The program provides you with a one-of-a-kind opportunity to accelerate your initiative by giving you with the resources, facilities, contacts, and support you need to turn your ideas and ambitions into a financially successful enterprise or product.
Twenty-nine (29) teams participated in six iterations of the program, with six of them getting additional financing immediately following the event. From June to November 2023, the program will be in effect.
Jamlab Accelerator Programme Benefits
The six teams selected will receive the following:
- Virtual mentorship and coaching from experienced media, startup and tech experts and entrepreneurs.
- Free places on a three-month Media Entrepreneurship course offered by Wits Centre for Journalism.
- Access to a technical support development team.
- Opportunities to pitch to potential investors, funders, and various stakeholders with an MVP (minimum viable product).
- Access to a network which includes, but is not limited to, Programme Alumni.
Jamlab Accelerator Programme Eligibility
- They are looking for committed and creative journalists and media makers who are passionate about fixing what isn’t working in sub-Saharan African media.
- They are looking for startups that want to create innovative products or services to serve new audiences or bring new conversations or ideas to the public.
- Applications are welcome from ALL countries across Africa.
NOTE: Successful startups will need a steady internet connection and a good command of speaking and writing in English.
Jamlab Accelerator Programme Application
- Do a thorough read of all the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Take a look at previous startups on the accelerator programme.
- Have a look at what their alumni say about the programme.
- Complete this short application form to capture your details and confirm your eligibility and ability to participate.
You will be asked to write a short pitch setting out your idea for a new journalism start-up or describing your existing venture, and your ideas for growing and developing it further. Include in this pitch why and how your venture is innovating in the space. You will also be asked to provide short resumes of your key team, including a line on each person’s role in the venture.
Deadline: May 19, 2023
For more information, visit Jamlab Accelerator Programme.
- Chatham House Mo Ibrahim Foundation Academy Fellowship 2023 | Fully Funded to London, UK £2,365 monthly stipend
- Call for Applications: Teach4SDGs Programme 2023
- Call for Applications: UBA Graduate Management Accelerated Programme (GMAP) 2023
- Global Gateway: European Commission Announces Funding Opportunity for Academic Mobility in Africa
- Apply Now: ExxonMobil Graduate Internship 2023 for Young Nigerians
- KPMG East Africa Graduate Recruitment Programme 2023 for young East Africans