The Teach4SDGs curriculum is a 6-week intense training that includes 2+ advanced lectures, extensive readings and tests, and practical projects to help school instructors get a deeper grasp of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The program will cover the 17 SDGs and their aims, as well as subjects such as Education for Sustainable Development, Climate Change, Environmental Sustainability, Green and Circular Economy, Artificial Intelligence, Technology, and Innovation.
Teach4SDGs aims to provide teachers with the resources they need to educate the next generation in order to create a sustainable future.
The project will provide teachers with the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to effectively teach their students about the SDGs, and support the integration of the SDGs into the existing curriculum.
By integrating SDG-based education into the curriculum, the project aims to promote sustainable development, increase awareness, and encourage action toward achieving the SDGs.
NB: The Teach4SDGs will be conducted in English, and participants must have adequate knowledge of the language. Applications not submitted in English will be disqualified.
This programme will be conducted virtually using various learning and communication platforms.
Please consider if you will have a reliable internet connection to participate when applying.
Selected applicants will be onboard and enrolled in the 6-week intensive training and activation programme starting on the 28th of April, 2023.
Teach4SDGs Programme Eligibility Criteria:
To participate in this programme, please note the following criteria before proceeding with your application:
- Application is open to all Primary and Secondary School Teachers both in Public and Private Schools across Sub-Saharan African countries.
- Ability to commit at least 4 hours in 2 days per week throughout the training programme. All sessions will be conducted in the English language.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 20 – 45 years.
- Availability to partake in virtual training and conduct SDGs Activation in your school.
- Interested in being a development and transformation agent who promotes student learning about the SDGs.
- Applicants must not necessarily be acquainted with the knowledge of the SDGs 2030.
Deadline: 25th of April, 2023.
- Call for Applications: UBA Graduate Management Accelerated Programme (GMAP) 2023
- Global Gateway: European Commission Announces Funding Opportunity for Academic Mobility in Africa
- Apply Now: ExxonMobil Graduate Internship 2023 for Young Nigerians
- KPMG East Africa Graduate Recruitment Programme 2023 for young East Africans
- YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa (Cohorts 52, 53 & 54) For Young Leaders In East Africa
- Iris Prize 2023 for Young People Accelerating Action to Protect & Restore Nature