The Nigeria Media Innovation Program, an MDIF initiative set up to support the editorial independence of media organizations by strengthening their financial sustainability, is announcing a Media Product Fellowship. This four-month-long programme is designed to build the product thinking, execution and business development capacity of upcoming media practitioners as well as assist newsrooms on the road to sustainability by embedding these Fellows in their newsrooms.
Nigeria Media Innovation Program Eligibility
This fellowship is for early to mid-stage media professionals who have a good understanding of journalistic best practices but wish to strengthen their knowledge of the news product strategy and media business.
Specifically; candidates must:
- Have at least 3 years of experience working or interfacing in the media space or related fields.
- Be able to participate full-time in a three-week long training program.
- Be able to possibly intern in media organisations for at least 3 months.
- Share a 500-word essay outlining an understanding of the media landscape, challenges, and the prospects and how a news product and business mindset can strengthen independent media organisations in Nigeria.
Nigeria Media Innovation Program Benefits
- Fellows selected into the program will spend three weeks doing intense, practical learning on the designated courses intended to build and strengthen capacity in the area of media product and business development.
- Thereafter they will be deployed to newsrooms where they will be required to practically deploy skills from the training sessions and contribute to the organisation’s growth for three months.
- Call for Applications: RCL FOODS Management Trainee Programme 2023 for young South Africans
- NASME 1 Million Naira Youth Empowerment Business Scheme Competition and Grant 2023
- APPLY NOW: NITDA/Coursera Scholarship (Cohort 2) 2023 for Young Nigerians
- The U-Save Foundation Fellowship Program
- Call for Applications: Deloitte Nigeria Graduate Academy Digital Programme 2023
- Call for Application: UNESCO International Literacy Prizes 2023 |$150,000 Total prize
- Heirs Life Essay Championship 2023 for Secondary School Students in Nigeria |Win N2,000,000 scholarship
- The Innovation Fellowship for Aspiring Inventors and Researchers (i-FAIR) Program 2023 for entrepreneurs and innovators
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP