The African Climate Innovation Challenge 2023 is now accepting applications. The ACIC is a project that 3 E’s 4 Africa, GAYO, and Start created and carried out together. Up Lounge aims to motivate and empower young Africans to make a local impact in their communities by focusing on their creative ideas and projects. It’s an idea competition that encourages and supports young Africans in developing their ideas into workable solutions.
Young Africans who have an entrepreneurial mindset apply with solutions for resolving environmental issues. The ACIC Cohort is chosen from the top 10 concepts. They will go through an online curriculum that includes lessons, digital workshops, peer-to-peer meetings with mentors, and other activities. Teams can use this as an opportunity to refine and advance their ideas. Environmental preservation, climate change, social involvement, digital literacy, project management, and company development/management are some of the subjects covered. The top teams will receive invitations to Nairobi’s African Climate Week, where the pitch competition will take place.
African Climate Innovation Challenge 2023 Benefits
- Up to $15,000 USD in prize money for the three winning teams to directly implement their innovative start-up ideas in their communities.
- Tailor made curriculum as well as dedicated Peer-to-peer mentorship for all participants to further develop their start-up ideas.
- 3 months incubation for all 10 selected teams to move past the ideation stage and turn their ideas into reality.
- Pitch your project during the African Climate Summit co-hosted by the Republic of Kenya and the African Union Commission (AUC) in Nairobi.
African Climate Innovation Challenge 2023 Eligibility
- Before applying, make sure your team and yourself are willing and able to commit to the program of the ACIC.
- You should be a team of 2 – 6 people. Applications from teams with less than 2 people and more than 6 people will not be considered.
- Although not required, they specifically want to encourage female-led teams and teams with 40% – 50% female participants.
- All the members of your team must be of African descent and based in Africa.
- Existing and officially registered start-ups will not be considered.
- The idea you are applying with must be centered around climate change mitigation and/or climate change adaptation.
- All members of your team must be between 18 and 35 years old.
- All members of the team must have a good mastery of the English language.
- They also encourage female-led teams and teams with 40% – 50% female participants to apply.
African Climate Innovation Challenge 2023 Application
By filling and submitting the application form and if selected, you and your team (everyone listed) agree to commit fully to the ACIC program by taking part in the online sessions as well as the in-person ACIC pitch event in Nairobi, Kenya.
For more information, visit ACIC.
- Apply Now: Custodian Graduate Trainee Programme 2023 for Young Nigeria Graduates
- Trash to Cash Challenge 2023 for Young Ecopreneurs
- Call for Applications: Nestle Nigeria Technical Training Programme 2023 for young Nigerians
- Create and Influence for Social Change (CISC)
- Call for Applications: Africa Science Leadership Programme 2023 |Funded
- Call for Applications: Nigeria Media Innovation Program (NAMIP) Media Product Fellowship 2023
- Call for Applications: RCL FOODS Management Trainee Programme 2023 for young South Africans
- NASME 1 Million Naira Youth Empowerment Business Scheme Competition and Grant 2023
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP