Obama Foundation My Brother’s Keeper Alliance Freedom Summer 2023 Grant Program |up to $30,000
The Obama Foundation My Brother’s Keeper Alliance Freedom Summer 2023 Grant Program is now accepting applications. Freedom Summer 2023 is a My Brother’s Keeper Alliance initiative of the Obama Foundation. The $1 million award program will assist local organizations working to reduce violence in Chicago communities this summer by developing and expanding safe spaces and programs for boys and young men of color to learn, play, and interact.
Freedom Summer is based on the MBK Alliance’s sixth milestone, which states that all youth should be safe from violent crime. According to a survey from the University of Chicago’s Crime Lab, violent crime in Chicago peaks during the hot summer months: on days over 85 degrees, there are roughly twice as many shootings as on days under 50 degrees. Freedom Summer intends to assist local organizations in their efforts to engage kids and contribute to a decrease in violence this summer.
Obama Foundation Grant
- Each Freedom Summer awardee will receive a $30,000 grant.
Obama Foundation Eligibility
- Eligible Freedom Summer applicants must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization or a sponsored project of a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor with a valid sponsorship agreement in place.
- The MBK Alliance is looking to support projects that will have a potentially lifesaving impact on boys and young men of color this summer.
Obama Foundation Evaluation Criteria
- Freedom Summer applications will be evaluated based upon whether or not the eligible applicant’s project proposal aligns with the mission of Freedom Summer.
- Project proposals should be able to measure their projected impact on boys and young men of color and focus on executing creative ways to keep youth engaged and safe this summer.
Obama Foundation Application
To apply for the grant, eligible organizations must provide:
- Proof of 501(c)(3) status or partnership agreement
- A short narrative describing the proposed project that meets the mission of Freedom Summer
- An explanation of how the project will impact the lives of boys and young men of color and how the organization will measure success
- A signed letter of support (from CEO or Senior Executive) that details an overview of the programming that the funds will cover and describes any relationships or partnerships that will support the effort
- A simple budget indicating expected expenses
- Age group to be supported by the application
- The neighborhood or community the project will serve
Deadline: May 8, 2023
For more information, visit Freedom Summer Grant.
- AstraZeneca Young Health Programme Impact Fellowship 2023 |Fully-funded to One Young World Summit in the UK
- The Africa Fellows in Education Program 2023/2024 for young African researchers
- King’s College London Africa Studentships 2023-2024 African Fashion
- UNESCO International Fund for Cultural Diversity 2023 |up to $100,000
- UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation 2023