Women Breakthrough Award 2023 for Female scientists |up to 3,000 EUR
Nominations for the Women Breakthrough Award 2023 are now open. The Women Breakthrough Award, co-founded by Falling Walls Female Science Talents and the Elsevier Foundation, recognizes three women scientists each year who pursue visionary research while also addressing issues of gender equity and equality in science.
The Women Breakthrough Award seeks women in science who are working on a research topic connected to one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). They are looking for extraordinary individuals who can perform multidisciplinary, ground-breaking research in their field while also contributing to gender equality and diversity in science and academia.
Women Breakthrough Award
- Category Innovation – 3,000 EUR
- The researcher addresses in her research a specific gender-related issue in science in an innovative way.
- Category Gender Mainstreaming – 3,000 EUR
- The researcher incorporates gender equality into the design of her research project in alliance with the standard similar to those formulated by the European Research Council or German Research Foundation.
- Category Empowerment – 3,000 EUR
- The researcher empowers women or other underrepresented people around her with her research or the design of her research project.
- Get a travel scholarship for Berlin from 7-10 November 2023 and participate Falling Walls Science Summit 2023;
- Benefit from an increased reach and visibility for you and your research on a global level;
- Get unique opportunities for networking with global leaders in science, politics, business, and the media;
- Become part of the inspiring Female Science Talents community and get access to the Female Science Talents community channels;
- Become a champion that inspires the vision of gender equality in science;
- Have in-depth peer exchange with Falling Walls community members, including Falling Walls Venture, Falling Walls Engage, Falling Walls Lab and partners.
Women Breakthrough Award Eligibility
- Universities and research institutions
- Companies with research labs
- Scientific foundations
- Partner organisations of Falling Walls
- Leading scientists in their field
- Researchers who are at the final stage of their project from all disciplines, including the arts, at university and non-university research institutions worldwide — PhD (late stage), Postdoctoral Researchers and Junior Professors, or similar level;
- Women from science and industry conducting a research on one issue related to the 17 SDGs;
- The research project must be running and active at the time of the submission. Being in the funding or ideation phase is not considered as a running research project;
- The nominee must be 18 years or older when submitting the application.
- Fill in your nomination, self-nomination, or complete your nominee submission.
- Nominees will get a email with further information regarding the competition process.
Deadline: May 31, 2023
For more information, visit Women Breakthrough Award.