Ufahamu invite researchers, journalists, practitioners, and podcasters interested in contributing to content creation and dissemination of cutting-edge analysis and important narratives about life and politics on the continent to apply for a nine month non-resident fellowship.
Selected fellows will have the opportunity to guest host podcast episodes, identify future guests and themes, create partnerships with other content producers and disseminators, and build their research and partnership networks.
Ufahamu Africa non-resident fellows are engaged remotely for nine months to produce the equivalent of four episodes. Fellows will also be asked to join the editorial team to shape season 8 content, dissemination ideas, mashup partnerships, and other podcast production decisions.
Ufahamu Africa Non-Resident Fellowship Eligibility
- Have experience with research and/or media dissemination to general publics
- Demonstrate commitment to open-access knowledge dissemination
- Demonstrate a commitment to and experience with engaging general publics, policymakers, researchers on topics related to life and politics on the continent
- Demonstrate a commitment to building the capacity of African research institutions/universities/media centers and journalists
- Submit a clear proposal
- Be computer literate, fluent in English, and a strong public speaker
African nationals, scholars, journalists, or content creators based in Africa and female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Team proposals are welcome. Familiarity with the Ufahamu Africa podcast or podcasting in general is preferred. A total of three to four fellows (or teams) will be accepted in this RFA, for a fellowship starting October 2023.
Ufahamu Africa Non-Resident Fellowship Benefits
Fellows will receive a stipend to support their internet data costs and their time spent on the fellowship of $3,500 USD.
Ufahamu Africa Non-Resident Fellowship Application
You will need to provide the following materials:
- One-page personal statement, including answers to the following:
- Of all fellowships available to you, why are you particularly interested in this one? What do you hope to accomplish during the nine months and beyond?
- How does this fellowship and its workload fit into your current commitments?
- If you are applying as a part of a team, describe the team dynamics and how that will facilitate content creation and contribution to the podcast.
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Two-page podcast proposal, including answers to the following:
- What type of podcast episodes do you imagine creating? How would you ensure a diversity of thinkers, ideas, voices, and stories? How are you particularly qualified or uniquely situated to produce the content you’re proposing?
- What are your ideas for disseminating to relevant networks?
- If you would like to produce simultaneous episodes in English and another language, what plans would you have to do so and/or what support would you need to do so?
- Please include what problems or questions you are planning to address, what contributions to learning they will make, what target populations you envision, and any translation into educational products, public policy, or other outcomes that may be possible enduring outputs.
- Voice note or sample audio work
- Please submit an audio recording that exemplifies the kinds of content you can or want to create. This may be a short recording you create for this application or a link to other relevant audio work you’ve done in the past. Audio recordings should be at least 30 seconds and no longer than 5 minutes.
Deadline: August 30, 2023.
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (EO GSEA) 2023-2024 (up to $100,000)
- WIPO Intellectual Property (IP) Labs – Incubation and Acceleration Program for Nigerian Entrepreneurs
- Google for Startups Accelerator Programs in Africa 2023
- Mycarebuddy and American Corner Lagos Collaborate for International Youth Day Celebration
- Apply Now: CIPM Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students 2023
- The ayoba Nigeria SME Accelerator Program 2023 for Nigerian Entrepreneurs
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP