Call for Applications: ICAN & Bank of Industry iHack4SDG Challenge 2023 |N3.5 million in cash prizes
The ICAN & Bank of Industry iHack4SDG Challenge 2023 is now accepting applications. In conjunction with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria and the Bank of Industry, ICAN-BOI will bring together a new generation of inventive thinkers from the tech industry to solve some of the most critical Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the iHack4SDG Challenge 2023.
ICANBOI, an innovation hub, opens applications for the iHack4SDG Challenge, which will take place from May 17 to May 24, 2023, to be held physically at the ICAN-BOI Innovation Hub. Ten (10) ideas will be selected to participate in the challenge, from which three teams will emerge winners.
The challenge provides an opportunity for participants to collaborate and develop innovative solutions based on 10 out of the 17 SDGs. These winners will be given resources and support to improve, test, and scale their ideas, which will ultimately become real businesses. They will also have a chance to demo their solutions and have the opportunity to move into the ICAN-BOI incubation program.
The winners will receive up to 3.5 million Naira in cash prizes amongst other benefits and will eventually move into ICANBOI’s incubation support program as well as access to the workspace.
- 1st Prize – N1,500,000
- 2nd Prize – N1,000,000
- 3rd Prize – N750,000
Other benefits include:
- Access to a dynamic network and platform – Tap into ICAN and Bank of Industry networks.
- Access to a dynamic platform of innovators – Tap into a conducive space to converge around practical SDG solutions.
- Immense networking potential – Build connections and be part of a community of practice around eco-systemic, collaborative solutions.
- A space to exercise your global citizenship muscle – Sharpen and hone your skills in leadership, innovative thinking, analytic thinking, interpersonal communication, intercultural collaboration, and allied areas.
- Open to all innovators and participants from all backgrounds;
- No prior hacking experience is necessary. Since we’re not looking for technical submissions only — anyone can play a part in solving these problems. As long as you’re a team player who thinks the world could be a better place, you’re more than welcome to join!
They are not looking for technical submissions only and your solution could be for example a concept, app idea, product or platform – basically anything as long as it contributes to the chosen challenge and the matching SDG!
For more information, visit iHack4SDG Challenge.
- Obama Foundation My Brother’s Keeper Alliance Freedom Summer 2023 Grant Program |up to $30,000
- AstraZeneca Young Health Programme Impact Fellowship 2023 |Fully-funded to One Young World Summit in the UK
- 2023 Schwarzman Scholars Programme for International Students
- The Africa Fellows in Education Program 2023/2024 for young African researchers
- Call for Applications: SRHIN Health Equity Champions Program 2023
- Call for Applications: UN Youth Delegate programm 2023/2024 for Ireland