The One Young World Refugee Scholarship to Attend the OYW Summit 2023 is now available for applications. One Young World Summit is an annual gathering of over 2,000 of the world’s most promising young leaders from every country and industry. Delegates from over 190 nations are counseled by renowned political, commercial, and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Bill Clinton, Meghan Markle, and others on how to harness the knowledge and skills required to be effective change agents.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) stated in May 2022 that, for the first time, over 100 million people have been forcefully displaced as a result of both new and pre-existing hostilities. The refugee issue is expected to intensify in the coming decades, exacerbated by economic uncertainty, the climate crisis, and political instability. Individuals living in unstable situations with uncertain futures are at the heart of this dilemma. To end the refugee crisis, action must be taken that draws on the resources of a wide range of sectors, from local government to civil society organizations to national and multinational governing bodies.
As the global community for young leaders, One Young World is passionate about nurturing the capacity of young leaders from all backgrounds. This scholarship programme has been created to enhance the inclusion of young leaders from refugee backgrounds. The scholarship will enable young leaders to participate in the One Young World Summit 2023 which takes place in Belfast, UK. In addition to participating in the Summit, each scholar will join the One Young World Ambassador community, providing them with access to a continued programme of mentorship, educational events, speaking engagements, and funding opportunities.
One Young World Scholarship
Scholars will receive:
- Delegate access to the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast UK from 2 – 5 October.
- Hotel accommodation in Belfast from 1 – 5 October.
- Meals and catering throughout the Summit.
- Return travel to Belfast.
- Permanent membership of the One Young World Ambassador community.
One Young World Eligibility
- Applicant must be a refugee or have direct personal experience of forced displacement.
- Aged 18 – 35 at the date of the One Young World Summit 2023.
- Proven leadership ability (role models) in their communities.
- A capacity for innovation and value-driven problem-solving.
- An ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas.
- Evidenced commitment to creating a positive impact for refugee communities. Examples may include:
- Improving access to education.
- Jobs creation or skills training.
- Engagement with sports.
- Improving access to healthcare.
- Poverty alleviation.
One Young World Application
Scholars will be selected by One Young World from public applications as well as through nomination from the Scholarship’s supporting partners.
Deadline: June 12, 2023
For more information, visit One Young World.
- Leading for A Change Certificate Program
- Global Global Cultural Relations Programme 2023 |Fully Funded to Spain
- UNICEF Venture Fund 2023 for Frontier Tech Solutions |$100,000 Equity Free Funding
- Call for Applications: GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition 2023 |up to $50,000
- Nigerian Agip Exploration Limited (NNPC/NAE) Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students 2023/2024
- Call for Applications: Orange Corners Incubation Programme 2023 for Young Nigerian Entrepreneurs
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) Young Researchers Awards 2023 for graduate students |€5,000 prize
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP