UNICEF Venture Fund 2023 for Frontier Tech Solutions |$100,000 Equity Free Funding
Applications for the UNICEF Venture Fund 2023 for Frontier Tech Solutions are currently being accepted. The UNICEF Venture Fund aspires to make equity-free investments of up to $100,000 in for-profit start-ups developing cutting-edge technological solutions that help improve the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children and youth.
They invite you to apply if your product is registered in one of UNICEF’s program countries, is a working prototype with proven results, and is (or may be) open-source licensed.
UNICEF Venture Funding
- Selected companies will receive $100,000 Equity Free Funding
UNICEF Venture Fund Eligibility
Only entities that fulfill these mandatory requirements will be eligible:
- Registered as a private company.
- A private company registered in a UNICEF programme country.
- Working on open source technology solutions (or willing to be open source) under the following licenses or their equivalent:
- for software, a BSD license,
- for design or content, a CC-BY license
- An existing prototype of the open source solution with promising results from initial pilots.
- Solution has the potential to positively impact the lives of the most vulnerable children.
- Generating publicly exposed real-time data that can be/is measured.
UNICEF Venture Fund Evaluation Criteria
The following criteria will be used:
- Relevance of solution for children and young people, problem-solution fit and potential for application at global scale
- Novelty of project and alignment with Innovation Principles
- Suitability of the team and key personnel to implement the project
- Project budget and financing
UNICEF Venture Fund Application
- Step I: Check Eligibility: Interested companies are required to check the eligibility of the Innovation Fund.
- Step II: Submit Application: Interested companies are required to submit an online application through the Fund website. You should provide the information and supporting documents indicated in the form.
- Step III: Submit Request for Proposal: The Innovation Fund reviews all applications and notifies companies of the decision. Shortlisted applicants are invited to submit a detailed proposal, this is called the Request for Proposal (RFP) step.
- Step IV: Demo Interview: After a careful review, companies shortlisted at the RFP step are invested for an online demo interview. This is usually a 30 minutes interview the with Innovation Fund team and experts from the tech teams.
- Step V: Final Result: Based on a complete assessment of the application, RFP and interview, the Innovation Fund makes the final investment decision and notifies all selected companies.
Deadline: July 28, 2023
For more information, visit UNICEF Venture Fund.
- Call for Applications: GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition 2023 |up to $50,000
- Nigerian Agip Exploration Limited (NNPC/NAE) Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students 2023/2024
- Apply Now: Global Changemakers-ATKV African Youth Summit 2023 |Fully-funded to South Africa
- Call for Applications: Orange Corners Incubation Programme 2023 for Young Nigerian Entrepreneurs
- Google Africa/African Youth Envoy Digital Skills Campaign 2023 for youth-led SMEs
- UN OHCHR International Art Contest for Minority Artists 2023 |$1,000 award
- Call for Applications: BRICS Young Innovators Prize Competition 2023 |$25,000 prize