The Belfast City Council | One Young World Scholarship 2023 is now accepting applications. Through the Belfast City Council | One Young World Scholarship, Belfast City Council has committed to sponsoring 20 young leaders to attend the 2023 Summit. This opportunity is available to young leaders who live and work in Belfast.
One Young World is a global network of young leaders. They exist to cultivate young leaders who will take action to address the world’s major concerns. It all starts with the One Young World Summit, an annual meeting of over 2,000 of the world’s most promising young leaders from every country and industry. Delegates from over 190 nations are counseled by renowned political, commercial, and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Bill Clinton, Meghan Markle, and others on how to harness the knowledge and skills required to be effective change agents.
The Summit is not just a life-changing four-day experience, it is just the start of every attendee’s journey with One Young World. Every leader who attends leaves the Summit as a One Young World Ambassador and a valued member of the global community. This is a lifelong membership to one of the most incredible networks in the world. One Young World community works year-round to track community impact, organise events, facilitate local networking, spark opportunities for collaboration, and provide growth opportunities through mentorship, funding programmes such as Lead2030. In 2023, Belfast will host the One Young World Summit from 2 – 5 October.
Belfast City Council Benefits
Scholars will receive:
- Full access to the One Young World Summit 2023 which takes place from 2 – 5 October.
- Catering throughout the duration of the event.
- Lifetime membership of the One Young World Ambassador Community.
Belfast City Council Eligibility
Selected candidates will:
- Be aged between 18 – 30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2023.
- Live in Belfast.
- Be a current employee of Belfast City Council (permanent, temporary, agency or industrial placement) OR an individual who is actively engaged in initiatives or programmes which directly benefit the people of Belfast (either in a paid capacity or through volunteering).
- Have experience supporting or leading impactful solutions to address areas such as good relations, environmental, education, wellbeing or skills-based challenges.
Applications are particularly welcome from individuals who can demonstrate an ongoing commitment to:
- Reducing carbon emissions.
- Reducing the negative impact of climate change through technology, activism, community programmes, policy, nature-based solutions or similar efforts.
- Empowering individuals to take climate action.
- Improving access to education, skills or employment opportunities.
- Creating skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for people to prepare for the future workforce, including in areas where there are talent shortages.
- Accelerating entrepreneurship, new types of employment to provide opportunities for people to overcome traditional barriers to employment.
- Commit to engaging with a pre and post Summit engagement programme including preparatory meetings, a group residential post Summit and reporting on impact of attendance.
- Demonstrate capacity for innovation and value-driven problem solving.
- Demonstrate an ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas.
Belfast City Council Application
Applications will close on September 11, 2023 at 9:00am.
For more information, visit One Young World Scholarship.
- UN OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship Program 2024 |Fully-funded
- SAP/UNICEF Generation Unlimited Educate to Employ Technology Scholarship for young Africans
- Mycarebuddy and American Corner Lagos Collaborate for International Youth Day Celebration
- Apply Now: CIPM Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students 2023
- The ayoba Nigeria SME Accelerator Program 2023 for Nigerian Entrepreneurs
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP