As the program approaches its tenth anniversary, the Royal Academy of Engineering has invited proposals for the 2024 Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation. The Africa Prize rewards ambitious entrepreneurs and innovators who are creating local and scalable solutions to the continent’s everyday difficulties.
In November 2023, the Africa Prize will welcome its tenth cohort. Since 2014, the program has provided rigorous business training and lifelong support to over 130 entrepreneurs from 20 African countries through the Africa Prize alumni network. Around 70% of the alumni’s engineering and technology enterprises are now profitable. The Africa Prize alumni collectively raised more than USD 14 million in grants and equity funds and created over 3,600 employment, nearly half of which were for women.
Royal Academy of Engineering Eligibility Criteria
- African entrepreneurs from all engineering disciplines, and with an innovation that can provide scalable solutions to local challenges, are invited to enter the tenth round of the Africa Prize.
- Applications are now open to individuals or small teams living and working in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Submitted innovations should have a social, economic or environmental benefit, and should be at an early stage of development, with the potential for upscaling and commercialisation.
- The Prize is open to hardware and software innovations, as well as innovative processes and systems.
Royal Academy of Engineering Benefits
- The winner of the Africa Prize receives £25,000 and three runners-up are each awarded £10,000.
- Up to 16 shortlisted applicants receive a unique package of support over eight months to help them accelerate their businesses, including comprehensive and tailored business training, sector specific engineering mentoring, communications support, pitching opportunities and access to the Academy’s network of high profile, experienced engineers and business experts in the UK and across Africa.
Deadline: July 25, 2023.
- APPLY NOW: ARM Young Talent Programme (AYTP) 2023 for Young Nigeria University Undergraduates
- Call for Applications: AFS Global STEM Accelerators for Girls in STEM Worldwide 2023
- Call for Applications: ICFJ News Corp Media Fellowship 2023 for Digital Innovation for Journalists Worldwide |Fully Funded
- Call for Applications: Meta Bursaries to Support Emerging Researchers at the AI4D Africa Conference 2023
- FATE Scholar Programme (FSP) 2023 for Young Nigerians
- Call for Nominations: Diaspora Young African Leaders Awards 2023
- Apply Now: Procter & Gamble Learnership – Multiple Function Internship Program 2023 for young Nigerians
- Call for Mentors: Savvy Fellowship Programme 2023
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP