Call for Applications: UNESCO-TWAS Seed Grant for New African Principal Investigators (SG-NAPI) 2023 (up to $67,700)
The UNESCO-TWAS Seed Grant for New African Principal Investigators (SG-NAPI) 2023 is now accepting applications. UNESCO-TWAS launched a new program to develop the capacity of African countries that are falling behind in science and technology with the support of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
The program is designed for young scientists who are establishing themselves in their home country or who are preparing to return to academia. Grants are given to promising high-level research projects in Agriculture, Biology, Chemistry, Earth sciences, Engineering, Information Computer Technology, Mathematics, Medical Sciences, and Physics that are being carried out in African countries identified by TWAS as being behind in science and technology.
- Research Grants to research units amount to a maximum of USD $67,700.
- Applying Principal Investigators must be nationals of an eligible country, who holds a PhD and has good research experience. The grant should operate within a university or a research institution in one of the African countries lagging in science and technology.
- The PI must be 40 or under. Any applicant turning 41 in the year of application is not eligible.
- The PI must have obtained their Ph.D. within the last 5 years in a country other than their home country.
- The PI must have returned to their home country (refer to list in the guidelines) within the last 36 months or will return home before the end of 2023.
- The PI must hold, be offered or be in the process of accepting a position at an academic and/or research institution (including international research centers) in their home country.
- The PI must be national of an eligible African country that is lagging in science and technology.
- Applicant must at the time of application NOT have an active research grant with TWAS or OWSD Early Career Women Scientists (ECWS) Fellowship.
- Applications from women scientists and those working in Least Developed Countries are especially encouraged.
- The applicant must submit a strong Research Proposal, you may find further information on how to write a strong proposal by visiting AuthorAID.
- Be advised that applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio. Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Scientists the Visiting Professor programmes. One exception: The head of an institution who invites an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Visiting Professor programme or the TWAS Visiting Expert programme may still apply for another programme.
Deadline: April 20, 2023
For more information, visit TWAS Seed Grant.
- Call for Applications: VVEngage Fellowship Programme 2023 for Women Leaders |Fully-funded
- Call for Nominations: Vision Super Local Heroes Awards 2023
- Call for Applications: UN SDSN Youth Climate Actors Accelerator Programme (CAAP) 2023 |Nigeria
- Call for Application: World Food Forum (WFF) Youth Focal Points Group 2023
- APPLY NOW: Project I2M (innovation to market) Programme for Innovators and Researchers across Nigeria |2 Million Naira in funding
- Call for Applications: International Women Day Conference 2023 Pitch Competition |N1,000,000 Prize
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP