Fellowship for Young Leaders (YoLe)
Creating today’s champions and tomorrow’s leaders!
Do you want to be the change you want to see? Would you wish to develop the necessary skill sets?
Do you want to be at the forefront of leadership, participation, SRHR, social entrepreneurship, or artificial intelligence developments in Ghana?
UNFPA works to deliver a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. To empower young people, UNFPA Ghana launched the Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Programme which aligns with the United Nations’ Youth Strategy that calls on UN agencies to “increase impact and expand global, regional and country-level action to address the needs, build the agency, and advance the rights of young people in all their diversity”, as well as, UNFPA’s Youth Strategy, “My Body, My Life, My World”. The YoLe Fellowship Programme also supports the Government of Ghana’s priorities on youth development; economic and financial empowerment of young people, youth entrepreneurship and financial inclusion, youth employment, youth and agriculture, youth migration and mobility, sexual and reproductive health (Ghana National Youth Policy, 2010).
About the Programme
The YoLe Fellowship is a one-year programme designed to empower Fellows to be innovative and transformational Leaders. It builds the capacity of young people by providing opportunities for professional and career development in the area of leadership at various levels and in different sectors, including within the UN system. Fellows also have access to one-on-one high-level mentorship and coaching from high achieving personalities within different sectors. For more information about the Fellowship, visit the UNFPA Ghana website: https://ghana.unfpa.org/en/publications
The applicant must be:
● Aged between 18 – 30 years
● A graduate of a tertiary institution in Ghana
● Able to commit to the Fellowship duration (one year)
● Proactive and possess strong interpersonal skills
● Proficient in English (possess working knowledge of English) — (important for general communication purposes. All application materials must be submitted in English).
● Passionate about Leadership, SRHR, Social Entrepreneurship which includes agribusiness, innovation, and artificial intelligence (ai) and demonstrate a desire to make a difference in their community: specifically, demonstrate interest and dedication to development issues established through either volunteer experience, work experience, affiliations with a youth network or NGO, in areas of UNFPA’s mandate, passionate about contributing towards Ghana’s aspirations on Agenda 2030 (See http://www.unfpa.org/about- us)
If you meet the above criteria, then the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Ghana invites you to apply for the 5th Cohort of the Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Programme (June 2023 – May 2024).
Interested applicants should submit:
1. An application letter (not more than one page), stating your professional goals and why you are applying for the Fellowship
3. Legal evidence of age
● All applications should be uploaded through this link:https://forms.gle/zVTr7JZbrbGfJ3c17 no later than 11:55 p.m. on 30th April, 2023.
● Persons living with physical disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
● Youth currently working in youth led-organisations and wishing to develop their leadership competencies are also encouraged to apply.
● No late applications will be accepted.
● Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30th April 2023
- APPLY NOW: WACSI Next Generation Internship Program 2023 (NGIP) For Young Africans
- EU Delegation to Uganda Funded traineeship 2023 for young graduates | Apply Now
- Call for Applications: NATO Young Professionals Programme 2023
- Call for Applications: Pulitzer Center Rainforest Journalism Fund (RJF) Internship 2023
- Call for Applications: UNDP/Samsung Generation17 Programme for young changemakers
- Apply Now: Mastercard Foundation-Vanguard Economics Young Impact Associate Fellowship for young Africans |Paid Fellowship
- PwC Ghana Graduate trainee Recruitment Program 2023 for young Ghanaian graduates | Apply Now
- Apply Now: Nestlé Central and West Africa Region’s (CWAR) Nesternship 2023 Program for young Africans.