The Social Connectedness Fellowship Program 2023 is now accepting applications to enable students, recent graduates, youth, and people with lived experience to do innovative research that will inspire local and global action to enhance community and belonging.
Fellows will be able to collaborate with a partner organization to perform research, writing, analysis, and outreach in the areas of social isolation and connectivity.
SCSC Social Connectedness Fellowship Program Details
At the heart of the Social Connectedness Fellowship is a strong supportive community among Fellows, their partners and Samuel Centre for Social Connectedness (SCSC). Fellows are an invaluable part of the global movement to create a world where everyone belongs. Through the Fellowship, they invest in the growth of their capacity and skills as researchers and changemakers. At the beginning of the Fellowship, they offer an introductory workshop on the theory and concepts of social isolation and belonging, as well as other workshops to strengthen Fellows’ skills in research, outreach, advocacy, and community engagement.
At the Samuel Centre for Social Connectedness their mission is to build connectedness within and between communities through partnerships, research, programming, learning initiatives, and advocacy. Belonging is central to their work, and the Fellowship offers the opportunity to apply the lens of belonging to intersectional issues, writing, and problem-solving.
SCSC Social Connectedness Fellowship Benefits
- This is a full-time summer position starting May 8 and running until August 28, 2023. The wage is $22 to 24 Canadian per hour for 35 hours per week.
- Through the Social Connectedness Fellowship, SCSC offers:
- Competitive wages
- Work with national and international community partners
- Capacity building, skills development, and mentorship
- Meaningful work where your research has impact
SCSC Social Connectedness Fellowship Eligibility
The Social Connectedness Fellowship provides an opportunity for students, new graduates and people with lived experience to carry out innovative research that will inspire local and global action to build community and belonging. Anyone from any part of the world who fits that broad description can apply. Fellows are required to:
- Be ready to engage in regular online meetings, check-ins, capacity building sessions and remote work.
- Have a passion for building a more inclusive, and connected world.
- Commit 35 hours per week to the program.
SCSC Social Connectedness Fellowship Application
To complete the 2023 Social Connectedness Fellowship application process, all candidates need to fill out the online application form.
Deadline: March 15, 2023
For more information, visit Social Connectedness Fellowship.
- Call for Applications: Women Digital Entrepreneurship Program 2023 for Young Nigerian Women
- Apply Now: African German Young Leaders in Business (AGYLE) Programme 2023
- YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program – Current Cohort Registration
- Apply Now: GTBank Graduate Trainee Programme 2023
- Call for Applications: Royal Academy of Engineering 2024 Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation
- Call for Applications: AFS Global STEM Accelerators for Girls in STEM Worldwide 2023
- Call for Applications: ICFJ News Corp Media Fellowship 2023 for Digital Innovation for Journalists Worldwide |Fully Funded
- Call for Applications: Meta Bursaries to Support Emerging Researchers at the AI4D Africa Conference 2023
- FATE Scholar Programme (FSP) 2023 for Young Nigerians
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP