Research Grant Program by The Internet Society Foundation |Funding up to US$500,000
The Internet Society Foundation’s Research Program supports global research collaborations that advance understanding of the Internet and its value for all.
- Promote novel methodologies that generate solutions to Internet-related challenges
- Identify and support a diverse and collaborative group of researchers and research institutions
- Facilitate access to intersectional research that can be applied to decision-making in government and industry
This program is intended for research that is applied and open, meaning the research seeks to answer a real-world question and should be openly published and made available to the scientific community at no cost. The Foundation supports research involving human or animal subjects when the project has been certified by a responsible body to be ethical and in compliance with local law. It is the responsibility of the Principal Investigator of the project to obtain these certifications.
AREAS OF FOCUS
Statements of interest and subsequent proposals should address topics related to one of the following thematic areas:
- Greening the Internet
- The Internet Economy
- A Trustworthy Internet
- Decolonizing the Internet
- Independent researchers should have a postgraduate research degree (PhD, Masters) and peer reviewed publications, patents, academic or independently published work in the relevant area.
- Public research institutions should be 501c3 or equivalent and should have a mission that is aligned to that of the Foundation. (Private institutions are not eligible entities to receive funding).
Additional eligibility requirements for all Foundation grants are outlined here. All applicants must ensure that they meet these basic requirements. Underrepresented groups in the research world are highly encouraged to apply.
The program provides for two levels of funding:
- Independent researchers may apply for funding up to US$200,000. Grants will be awarded directly to individuals who are identified as the principal investigator on the project and he/she will be responsible for grant management including all reporting requirements during the life of the grant.
- Organizations and institutions may apply for funding up to US$500,000. One or more awards in each of the thematic areas are anticipated subject to fiscal year funding.
Deadline: May 31, 2023.
- IFAD Agrihub Nigeria Youth Agripreneurship Apprenticeship Program (YAAP) 2023 for young Nigerians
- Women Techsters Fellowship Program Class of 2024 Application
- The DeepMind Scholarships at Queen Mary University of London
- Young Professionals in Foreign Policy Fellowship Application 2023 |$7,000 Stipend
- World Bank Youth Summit – Delegates Application open to Youth Worldwide 2023