UN OHCHR International Art Contest for Minority Artists 2023 |$1,000 award
The UN OHCHR International Art Contest for Minority Artists 2023 is now accepting applications. The UN Human Rights Office (OHCHR) joins forces with the non-governmental organizations Minority Rights Group International and Freemuse to organize the Second Edition of the International Art Contest for Minority Artists on the occasion of Zero Discrimination Day, celebrated globally on March 1, 2023, and to kick off the start of Racial Justice Month, part of OHCHR’s year-long commemoration of the 75th anniversary of the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The 2023 edition invites applications from minority artists working on intersectionality themes. The First Edition of the International Art Contest for Minority Artists was organized in 2022 and focused on the theme of statelessness.
The Second Edition will celebrate minority artists who have exposed, explored, and/or addressed matters relating to intersectional forms of discrimination through their artwork. It aims to raise awareness on the human rights of individuals and groups belonging to minorities and facing compounded forms of discrimination.
UN OHCHR International Art Contest Awards
- Four awards of $1,000 each will be offered by the Judging Panel; among these awards, one Minority Youth Artist Award will be reserved for artists aged between 18-35. The award winners will be publicly announced in early November 2023.
UN OHCHR International Art Contest Eligibility
- Artists who self-identify as belonging to a minority are welcome to apply to the Minority Artists Awards on Intersectionality Themes.
- All artworks focusing on intersectional experiences by minorities as a theme are eligible, including but not limited to photography, painting, video, installation, drawing, sculpture, etc. Due to practical reasons, it is however required that a virtual presentation of the artwork(s) be submitted to OHCHR in a digital format.
UN OHCHR International Art Contest Application
The award-winners will be announced in November 2023 at a hybrid Ceremony organized in Geneva. On this occasion, a visual exhibition and a catalogue featuring the awarded artists and their art will be publicly launched.
Deadline: May 15, 2023
For more information, visit UN OHCHR.
- Call for Applications: SwitchCon Battlefield Competition 2023 |Win ₦2 million
- African Union Call for Submissions Innovating Education in Africa 2023 |up to $100,000
- Women Breakthrough Award 2023 for Female scientists |up to 3,000 EUR
- Union for International Cancer Control Young Leaders Programme 2023
- Apply Now: NNPC Limited / TotalEnergies MIT-Empowering the Teachers Program 2023
- Enterprising Futures Scholarship to attend the One Young World Summit 2023 in the UK |Fully-funded
- Call for Applications: ICAN & Bank of Industry iHack4SDG Challenge 2023 |N3.5 million in cash prizes