Youth Hackathon for Green Low-Carbon Agriculture 2023
The Youth Hackathon for Green Low-Carbon Agriculture (#YouthforGLCA) 2023 is now accepting applications. With the motto “New Technology, New Pattern, and New Service,” the #YouthforGLCA initiative aims to tap into the innovation and problem-solving skills of young people to offer solutions for global agricultural green development, agricultural carbon emissions reduction, and carbon sequestration.
The #YouthforGLCA is a joint effort of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) China Office, the Department of International Cooperation of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS), the Center for International Agricultural Research of CAAS, and the Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD). In the previous year, 2022 Youth Hackathon for Reducing Food Loss and Waste was organized, which garnered participation from 21 countries and received an impressive influx of creative proposals. Following three rounds of rigorous selection, a total of 15 teams from 8 countries successfully advanced to the final stage.
Youth Hackathon for Green Low-Carbon Agriculture 2023 Benefits
- A generous cash prize and a certificate provided by the FAO and CAAS.
- Comprehensive experience of an independent innovation and entrepreneurship activity along with partners who share the same values.
- Networking with other teams, UN agencies, CAAS, and partners in the field for future collaboration.
- Feedback and support from industry experts and mentors and gaining valuable insight and ideas on strategic thinking on sustainable agriculture and carbon mitigation under the new paradigm.
- Inspiring workspace where perspectives from different cultural backgrounds are welcomed.
- Referral to pursuing educational opportunities for graduate or Ph.D. degrees in CAAS, and preferential access to internships within the Center for International Agricultural Research (CIAR).
Youth Hackathon for Green Low-Carbon Agriculture 2023 Eligibility
- Open to all young professionals;
- Team members would ideally be between 18 and 40 years old, of any nationality, with participating economies across the world.
Youth Hackathon for Green Low-Carbon Agriculture 2023 Selection Criteria
The projects and their proposals will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Creativity and innovation
- Possibility of landing and scalability
- Business model
- Use of open data
- Technical difficulties
- Design and user experience
- The effects when applied or demonstrated
Youth Hackathon for Green Low-Carbon Agriculture 2023 Application
Complete the application as a team and send the requested materials to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com) with the title “Submission: 2023 Youth Hackathon Competition” by July 20, 2023, 23:59 (GMT+8, Beijing Time). Inclusivity within team is strongly encouraged, aiming to provide equal opportunities for everyone, including women, to assume key roles.
For more information, visit YouthforGLCA.
- Innova [Africa Future of Work and Entrepreneurship] Fellowship 2023
- Freshwater and Community Conservation Remote Externship
- Shell Graduate Programme 2023 Application for Nigerians
- Apply Now: Sterling Bank Plc (Sultan of Sales) Graduate Trainee Program 2023 for Nigerians
- LEAP Africa Leadership Accelerator Programme 2023 for Young African Women
- Global Peace Summit New York 2023 | Fully Funded
- Call for Application: TransparencIT Civic Changemakers Fellowship Programme 2023
- Call for Applications: CERN Paid Internship Programme 2023 in Switzerland
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP